Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Riesel Sieve Down Now

Anyone know how to contact somebody from Riesel Sieve by E-Mail, I can't get make a Post at the Project because it keeps rejecting either my User name & or my password when I know their correct...???

Errrgg ... Never mind, I didn't realize I had to Register to Post in the Forums, I thought If I was running the project I could automatically just Post. I registered and can now Post ...
    Last edited by PoorBoy; 10-20-2006 at 09:49 PM.

PoorBoy,

Send an email to bryan (at) rieselsieve dot com that has your forum username & your email you signed up with in it, I'll reset the account and send you a new password.
    Bryan
    Stats Administrator
    BOINC Developer
    Riesel Sieve Project
    http://www.rieselsieve.com

Quote Originally Posted by bryanRS View Post
    PoorBoy,

Send an email to bryan (at) rieselsieve dot com that has your forum username & your email you signed up with in it, I'll reset the account and send you a new password.
    I finally got in Bryan after a trying time with the Code, see my 1'st post in the Suggestions part of the forum, it's a doozy & the right way to get off on a good foot I figure ... hahaha

I'm unable to reach the BOINC Riesel Sieve server today. Anyone else?

Unhappy

Me too Vaughan, also Einstein has been down for a couple of days and now Proteins has a lot of dodgy WUs that won't run. At this rate I will soon have to go and chase little green men on Seti! dAVE

ahhhhhhhhh you don't wanna do that.......... they'll just send you another email and ask you for more money.

I'm sure i saw somewhere in their forums about a server change over. This might be what's causing the downtime. Don't hold me on that though.

Yeah I too recall something about some server hardware changes now you mention it. I think it was a new router or something to do with the network.

Dave I've also noticed a bunch of VTU tasks that like to process far in excess of the nominal 45 minutes. I aborted some yesterday that had run for 7 hours; gee I hate wasting CPU cycles on dud work units.

There's some kind of external network problem - I wish it was our changeover to the new router/switch & webserver, but it's not. I can't do anything until B2 gets home at about 23:30 ET, as it could be something like a power outage that's knocked things out. I'll try and post when things are back up. Thanks for patience
    Bryan
    Stats Administrator
    BOINC Developer
    Riesel Sieve Project

I didn't know, but our router went up in smoke at about 12:30 ET yesterday (Weds.). Lee put in the WRAP box running m0n0wall that will serve as our new (and much improved) router, but things weren't working right. Service was restored at about 00:30 ET, but a massive load spike occured (kind of expected). It's working its way through as best as possible right now. Expect load restrictions (and building Pending Credit as a result) for several hours.
    Bryan
    Stats Administrator
    BOINC Developer
    Riesel Sieve Project

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678