Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Riesel Sieve Down Now

A little trick with the way BOINC seems to work. Each time it has a file ready to upload it contacts the server and tries to upload it before requesting new work. Because of the restrictions that Bryan has put onuploads the server the RPC gets bounced back and BOINC backs off without apparently getting to the requested new work bit. If you can hit the update project button when no attempted uploads are being tried then you make a simple request for work. This has priority so you can be lucky and see this
    12/09/2006 19:23:34|Riesel Sieve Project|Started download of file wu_341659.txt
    12/09/2006 19:23:34|Riesel Sieve Project|Started download of file wu_341660.txt
    12/09/2006 19:23:36|Riesel Sieve Project|Finished download of file wu_341659.txt
    12/09/2006 19:23:36|Riesel Sieve Project|Throughput 130 bytes/sec

Couple of things, don’t keep hitting the update button, it might take several minutes before the downloaded WUs start and don’t tell Bryan about this, it will add to his server load and he will cut me off, or some vital part of me if he gets near enough! :rightfighter5:
    dAVE

"don’t tell Bryan about this"

But, but he visits our forum all the time. I just went in to the My Account Options and upped the Connect to network and started receiving more work after a while.

Yep LeBo, that has the same result a simple request for work without trying to upload files. I was hoping that by the time Bryan sorts his servers out AND moves house, these posts would be burried so deep that he wouldn't notice. dAVE

Worked for me, I now have work to crunch, Yippee :!: :!: :!:

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

i moved over to spinhenge while this is down, rather than idle my cpu! When everyone can upload work i will re-join the team effort here.

The only problem I now have is nothing is uploading. Will his servers ever catch up, with our machines just caching more to upload. In fact I have over 130 WUS in my queue to upload now.

ETA till we are up is 1/2 hour According to the message boards where Bryan is posting: Found here:

http://www.rieselsieve.com/forum/vie...9251daf23749c2

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

Bryan has disabled the uploading of all results for 2 hours to try to recover the situation. You should still be able to download WUs if you can get in between all the clients trying to upload results. LeBo can you check your PMs please. dAVE

In a cornfield about 35 miles east of St. Louis
    When he gets it up maybe I can move the box I built today over from Einstein. Tried to put it on here since everyone was getting wu's but it needs to set up something I guess. Is there anyway to release the finished wu's slowly as to not overwelm the server again? I have between 2 and 300 of them.
    Me transmitte sursum, caledoni!

I am totally against political jokes....I've seem to many of them elected!!

With what everyone has back loaded, Bryan will need 3 servers like he has to catch up.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast