Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Riesel Sieve Down Now

gatekeeper53 as far as i know its not possible. Boinc tries to do it all itself, dont keep clicking update or refresh or anything. IF it times out for xx time let it, as it makes people back-off for different periods so it isnt overloaded.

for the moment i would crunch another project for a little while. Then when this has stabilised try it again.

I have just received 2 full days of work units to crunch, I put in the request almost three hours ago. To lessen the strain on Bryan's operations now that I have received these work units, I am going to turn off my network activity completely. This will reduce the stress on his server, and this will all pan out in the end when I up load my super splash of points.

If anyone else receives a horde of WU's I suggest you do the same, Thanks in adavance.

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

The latest from Bryan:-
    OK, we're operating at 20% of requests on file uploads, 25% of requests on regular scheduler requests - and staying around to below a load of 20, which is where things start to time out/go haywire. The stats, validation, and other DB scripts are not running right now, and the DB-driven web pages are turned off. As long as things keep moving along slowly, I'll gradually increase those percentages, hopefully 100% on both by morning. Just be patient

Ouch, I have several thousand uploads pending across multiple systems and they're rapidly crunching many more!

The joys of beta projects! ...I'm sure it was actually really useful that the Aussie assault helped to over stress their environment as it highlighted these issues now rather than later on in the project and so it really shows the limitations of the configurations. I suspect there will be significant changes to the work units over the next few weeks, over and above doubling the size of the WUs.

The debate now should be around either suspending new work or carrying on as normal and hope that they can handle the onslaught of uploads?

Guys I think I will stop crunching BRS for a few days until Bryan can get his servers fixed. With the big increase in membership was just a little more than he expected.

Quote Originally Posted by blackheath
    Ouch, I have several thousand uploads pending across multiple systems and they're rapidly crunching many more!

The joys of beta projects! ...I'm sure it was actually really useful that the Aussie assault helped to over stress their environment as it highlighted these issues now rather than later on in the project and so it really shows the limitations of the configurations. I suspect there will be significant changes to the work units over the next few weeks, over and above doubling the size of the WUs.

The debate now should be around either suspending new work or carrying on as normal and hope that they can handle the onslaught of uploads?
    Nice avatar blackheath!
    Lagu
    Once an AMDuser always an AMD user

Quote Originally Posted by Lagu
    Nice avatar blackheath!
    Lagu
    :D

Ototero still has by far the best avatar! :shock:

In a cornfield about 35 miles east of St. Louis
    Black yours is nice but I couldn't agree with you more.
    Me transmitte sursum, caledoni!

I am totally against political jokes....I've seem to many of them elected!!

Where are we and where are the Aussies???

http://boinc.rieselsieve.com/orig/top_teams.php

:?

Place #153 and Place # 155 respectfully.

I would say there is a varmint in the gear box ;) :!:

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast