Thread: a website I built

a website I built

Hey guys!
    I got me a question for y'all.
    I just almost sorta kinda finished building a prototype for a website for my mom at http://www.maayana.com (my very first website) and I wanted to know if publishing it on places like this one will help it climb the ranking in google.

Does anybody have a clue?

Thanks y'all,
    Elez

Hey wanna know something interesting? ok, well, I can sorta read it! .. well not with comprehension, but at least sound it out!

as for ranking? maybe someone else will know, I think it has to do with Key words, like here at AMDusers.com, we have AMDusers all over in the forums, so if someone does a search for amdusers, the will have a pretty good chance of getting us... that is about all I know.
    If you can't make it ... Don't come!
    http://neogen.amdusers.com/contest2007/race4b.htm

having websites point to you is good.

but it only counts as one link per website, so if you posted it here 10 times on the rankings it would only be recorded as one link.

Also use meta tags containing keywords or descriptions of the web-site in the head of the html document.

Quote Originally Posted by Empty_5oul
    having websites point to you is good.

but it only counts as one link per website, so if you posted it here 10 times on the rankings it would only be recorded as one link.
    vaughan: I have almost absolutely no idea what you mean, but it does sound interesting. Would you care to elaborate? I don't really have any KNOWLEDGE when it comes to building websites.

Empty_5oul: That's what I hoped was true. I think that's true. Thanks.

PcManiac: Good for you!
    But here's an anecdote. Did you know that with hebrew, you won't be able to pronounce the words without knowing what the word sounds like in advance? That's even harder than with english. In english, there are like a million ways to read a word but there are rules, more or less, with many exceptions. In hebrew, it's every word for itself (pun intended for some reason...)

Elez try reading this from Wikipedia

Quote Originally Posted by vaughan
    Elez try reading this from Wikipedia
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Elez
    But here's an anecdote. Did you know that with hebrew, you won't be able to pronounce the words without knowing what the word sounds like in advance?
    I never knew that, so you have to have had someone speak it and show you it first! :shock:

...well here's another one... in China did you know that both Cantonese and Mandarin write the same but sound totally different. Therefore two people could read the same newspaper outaloud - one in Cantonese and the other in Mandarin and neither would understand the other!

Quote Originally Posted by blackheath
    I never knew that, so you have to have had someone speak it and show you it first! :shock:
    That's because we don't really have vowels (sorta), we have to know which vowel is supposed to be there. Let's read it again, shall we: we hv t know which vwl is sppsd t be thr.
    Something like that

Quote Originally Posted by blackheath
    ...well here's another one... in China did you know that both Cantonese and Mandarin write the same but sound totally different. Therefore two people could read the same newspaper outaloud - one in Cantonese and the other in Mandarin and neither would understand the other!
    I started studying Japanese way back so I know some of these quirks. Even japanese people and chinese people would be able to communicate through symbols, but not through talking.