Thread: newby question

newby question

Having just "discovered" this @home thing, I am wondering how many projects i can run on my machine at one time.

found this through the news story on the PS3 being enabled for the @home projects.

am currently running spinhenge@home and folding@home
    for F@H, i didn't know about the teams, and would like to know if there is a way to add this.

comp stats:

AMD sempron 3400+
    gigabyte GA-K8U MB
    1GB ram

HD:
    250GB SATA
    12.1GB IDE (system)
    4.2GB for website

welcome to AMD Users.

at the same time you can only run one as they are processor intensive. Running 2 simultainously would mean each would take double the time to complete.

You can install / run multiple projects and run them as you see fit.

Hi charlier653

Wery welcome!

You can run 3 project at the some time if you want.

I run Leiden Classical as is cpu-intensive. At the same time I run Whatpulse as not is intensive and sometimes Ready Responce as. That wil be 3 at the same time.

My rig is an AMD64 2.300+ 1 Gig memory.

Lagu ;)
    Once an AMDuser always an AMD user

thanks for the replies.....

I figured since this comp has to be on 24/7, why not give it something to do?

charlie, what the others haven't pointed out is folding@home and spinhenge@home are run on seperate platforms and thus IS NOT a good idea to run both.

Leiden uses the BOINC platform which means you can run any of the BOINC projects at the same time (Mainly because BOINC changes the projects every hour and thus one process get 100% of the CPU time, which is good)

Folding@home uses it's own platform (the F@H Client). This will only run Folding@home 1005 of the CPU power and thus a good thing. It does mean you shouldn't really run this and BOINC.

What I recommend is to choose the one you'd prefer to run.

If it's BOINC based but you still want to run something similiar to Folding, then try out SIMAP or Rosetta

Otherwise if you prefer to run just Folding at home, uninstall and BOINC and let Folding run

Hope that helps.

Along side any cpu intensive project, you could run dimes, red library, majestic.

They just require bandwidth and just a nibble of the cpu once in while.