Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New PearlBOINC Project DepSpid

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    That's really odd... other projects have no problem, right? Maybe detaching and reattaching, or resetting depspid helps? Can't vouch that it will work though, never had a similar problem.

Cool hmmm

After restarting Boinc multiple times; stopping other projects (MJ12 and Dimes); yada yada ... it FINALLY attached. I fiddled around over an hour to get it up and running.

Now to see how it affects other projects ...

It shouldn't really affect the other projects. The 1st half of the WU uses bandwidth. The 2nd half uses the CPU.

You can also set how many WUs you want running, I currently have mine set to 10.

On another note, for the 1st time, I'm in the top 10 participants.

Angry &^%$#

All that effort to get attached ... and now no server to upload the completed WUs to. Does that happen often?

Site Admin
    meshmar, I think I found the cause and a solution.
    I think DepSpid has a dynamic IP and boinc doesn't handle those very well. I saw something similar happening on Pi Segment and the solution was to restart the client. It happened because the IP of the server changed and only after restarting the client, it would fetch the new IP.

I had 10 DepSpid WU's not wanting to upload and boinc saying that it couldn't connect time after time. I shut down and restarted boinc, and guess what? All my pending uploads are gone, 10 new downloads have arrived and it's back on and crunching again.

EDIT: I'm guessing this problem isn't new and the solution must be written down already somewhere, but you and me didn't read the manual meshmar...
    Last edited by NeoGen; 12-14-2006 at 08:22 PM.

Actually

I did try shutting down and restarting Boinc - several times. No joy. After hours, the WUs did upload, but I have yet to receive any more to crunch - even though the DepSpid website says the server is up and WUs are available. Who knows ...

EDIT: Now I'm getting the "No work from project" message. I sure hope they get this worked out soon. I realize it's alpha, but Firefox 3 Alpha1 Minefield is a lot better than this ...
    Last edited by meshmar; 12-14-2006 at 09:14 PM.

Also, the servers like to go down for 1/2 of the day. Specifically around 12:00AM - 9:00AM PST (my time). A pain since I want to get some work before I got to school.

I finally got some new WUs ... and three of them immediately choked with 'Unrecoverable errors'. Oh well, the rest can run along with the other apps ...

Site Admin
    I got the final solution now... If you go to the site and click "Top Teams" for example and you get the message...
    "The project server is currently offline. Please try again later."
    then the server is really offline and we can't upload WU's or do anything else.

But if you go there and everything works, and the top teams tables show for example, then shut down and restart boinc and everything will be fine.

The site is giving me the message now, and I have a few WU's needing to upload. (but failing to do so...) As soon as I see that the site/server is up again I'll do this procedure and I'm pretty sure it will work like yesterday.

I received my Account Key today but so far I haven't been able to attach a computer to the Project. I'll give it a try tomorrow, they may be down for the weekend ... ???

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast