Thread: Riesel Sieve Fix for Oct 5, 2006

Thumbs up Riesel Sieve Fix for Oct 5, 2006

Ladies and Gentleman here is how you connect to upload all those work units.

go to your boinc manager,

select :

Advanced ==> Options ==> Http Proxy

then check the box and enter this server:

boinc.rieselsieve.com

and port 8000

communication is good now

NOTE: this is only good for uploading your hordes of work units on Boinc Riesel Sieve, if you are running any other projects with Boinc Riesel Sieve the other projects will not be able to find their objectives. It is suggested that you manually retry each upload in the transfers section of your Boinc Manager for the Riesel Sieve Wu's and then go back into the proxy section and return the connection back to the original port 80 by unclicking the Connect box. All information can be found at this link for further discussions.
    http://www.rieselsieve.com:8000/foru...opic.php?t=927

Since your probably going to stop back at that link I will not need to tell you anymore details until they fix their dilemma.

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

So, are we going with the story that the Aussies destroyed the Riesel Sieve servers just to keep us from getting first place back?

(I sure wouldn't want it to get around that the servers crashed the day after I joined the project - better to blame it on the other team.)

At about midnight EDT on 10/7/06, connectivity was restored. It took quite a bit of work with the ISP to get things reconfigured, reset, and running - but things are where they should be now.

The site started running around 20:00 EDT, but there was many periods of up and down as the ports into the server were turned off, on, off, on, etc as the NOC tested everything.

We're still working on some things on the non-BOINC side of the site, but everything for BOINC RS should be fine. Thanks to everyone for their support and continued patience!
    Bryan
    Stats Administrator
    BOINC Developer
    Riesel Sieve Project
    http://www.rieselsieve.com

Super, now that it is fixed, let's get that number 1 spot back guys! We are only just over 50,000 credits away and closing!
    Before BOINC: 8778 Seti WUs Crunched

Thanks Bryan for all the hard work getting it back up and running!