• 24 Mbit/s

0 0%
  • > 25 Mbit/s

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Connection speed

Connection speed

Guys

What connection speed has you? We know if we have 1 Mbit/s we really not have this speed. It is always a bit lower than our ISP have promised.
    But choose your speed as you was promised. If you know your real speed lets go for it.
    Once an AMDuser always an AMD user

At my grandparents, we have a 2mb ADSL connection which is pretty stable.

In the USA at home I have a 4mb cable connection with Time Warner (when it went from Adelphia I had a bit of trouble but all is well now)

At work in the USA we have a T1

At work in the UK we have a 2mb ADSL with a contention ratio of 1:50 which sucks, so we're looking at upgrading to an 8mb ADSL with 1:10 or SDSL (1:1)

I went for 4mb as that's what I have

EDIT: P.S. You've not voted yet ;)
    Last edited by spikey_richie; 10-17-2006 at 07:26 PM. Reason: Author has not yet cast his vote

I have 8 Mbit/s but it is not really 8 Mbit/s. See below:

TCP downstreams : 7,01 Mbit/s

TCP upstreams : 726,91 kbit/s

UDP downstreams : 7.16 Mbit/s

UDP upstreams : 874.45 kbit/s

This is from when I run a Swedish connestion test program named TP-test.
    But this program is not for testing through WLAN or wireless network.

There is various reasons why I not can get full access but the connection itself is wery stable. I´ve never had a problem. I started with a 256 kpbs and then change to 0,5 then change to 2 and last upgraded to 8 Mbit/s. The highest speed I can get is 24 Mbit/s and only get 1 Mbit/s upstreams. It isn´t worth that when I think of the cost.:icon_smile:
    Once an AMDuser always an AMD user

2Mb now...

Though we're still getting 1Mb speeds but then it was a free upgrade so cant really complain.

1.5mbps ADSL downstream
    512kbps upstream

The ISP seems to be real slow upgrading to the apparant ADSL2 or w/e it's called. We have a competiting ISP (Shaw Cable) with has about 8-10mbps downstream.

2 Mb/s download and .5 Mb/s upload on DSL. At least that is what they tell me I am paying $95 a month for. As I live out in the sticks of South Carolina this is the only non-dialup option available to me locally. The local phone company is the only service available for phone/cable/DSL besides satelite, and internet service is not available via cable.

Very rarely do I hit those numbers. Usually I get 250 to 500 Kb/s download and 150 to 250 Kb/s upload speeds. If you notice my Majestic scores I don't crawl very fast (even if it's fairly steady now), and I also had to turn Majestic upload/download speeds down to 40% just to get fairly reliable internet access and not interrupt Boinc too much.
    Last edited by Steve Lux; 01-05-2007 at 12:32 AM.

Connection Speed

Speed is relative to me, I demand access so I connect to the net through Verizon. Although there is a limit I have superceded that limit with some manipulation of the defualt settings of the routers at the C.O. or Central Office only to get myself in trouble with my provider ( I really don't suggest altering your limit by your self). But If I might say anything is possible with in limitations as the point I am trying to make don't exceed the limitations of the proper cabling accessing your site. If you on a copper antiquated peice of crap, don't set your bandwidth to OC-1 capability, you will be flogged immediately. Try something a little less inconspicuos, like a 3 meg download. Just my opinion and my amazing ability to stay out of jail for such unforgiveable demands, I want fiber to my door damn It!

Ok Enough Ranting!
    Last edited by Nflight; 10-18-2006 at 03:03 AM. Reason: Hacking is at your own risk

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

Not too bad I guess... It's actually alot faster in the morning. I usually can get over 5mb.

Here's mine, I use to get loads more but it looks like they've capped me now at 10MB...

You can go to www.speedtest.net to test your connection speed and publish the results here if you want to compare!

I found my net connection use my full speed yesterday when i downloaded OpenSUSE from Austria. 1.2mb per second.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast