Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Athlon 64

Athlon 64

here is a link to a benchmark of the Athlon 64 on a message board
    http://www.tbreak.com/forums/showthr...threadid=19317

Found another link that is going to have information on the Athlon FX later today or tommorrow.
    http://www.hardwareanalysis.com
    They have a short article right now but they are working on a bigger review that people might be interested in.

Should prove quite interesting. :D

WOW !!!

I really would love to have one of those, did i saw right?!?!?!

A64Bit at 2.4Ghz
    3DMARK2001 -> 24825 pts

P4 at 4,1Ghz
    3DMARK2001 -> 24747

"ALWAY'S BOMBATING....."

3dmark is a bogus benchmark for real cpu power it's all based on the video card and memory bandwidth. prime or the dnet clients would be much better for that.

3dmark isnt totally bogus... it is a good starting point for comparing... but you do need more specific tests. I cant wait to see more benchmarks on the 64 to see if I need to think about upgrading.

Prime is the client for grimps and typically P4 are the fastest because of SSE2. I would like to see how well the cpu does. I can't really think of any DC client that really take avantage of SSE2 other than that .

3dmark has it's use but it iwas meant for benchmarking video cards maybe passmark would be more useful to decide if you wanted to upgrade. Doesn't sissoft sandra have a benchmarking section in it?

I think sysoft only benches floating point and integer... not sure which method they use...

http://www20.tomshardware.com/cpu/20...charts-23.html
    This is a link to a page of an older article at tomshardware that shows 3dmark does help determine cpu power... even though you have a fancy video card, the cpu still needs to be able to keep up. They used a radeon 9700 pro and 512mb ram in all the systems they compared.
    I found it interesting to see how all the new cpus+m/b's compared to the old cpus+m/b's.

hey if you take a close look at that graph it proves my point. 3dmark is all about the video card and memory bandwidth. They have a athlon 1000 w/ 133 sdram out doing a athlon 1200 /w 100 sdram. also thats why athlon64 does so well even though it's has some awesome power it also is no slacker in the memory bardwidth area eithier.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast