Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SETI sent me a letter, so I sent one back

lol, I wonder if I got one too... I'll have to check when I get home.

I hate that. I got mine
    Fabricati Diem, Pvnk

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist".

Seti is the only project that I have seen that actually wants you to pay money and use your resources to crunch their project... HAHA!!!!!!

What a scam...

I got a letter, looks the same as last year. The cheeky gits!

I have Donated to a few Projects but stopped doing that. I started to figure that I have to pay for all this Equipment to run the Projects Wu's. Then I have to Pay for the Electricity to run the Equipment & Pay too maintain the Equipment.

Then they want me to basically Pay them too by sending in Donations ... ... I suppose I could and while I'm at it when I'm on Vacation I could run out there to Berkeley and sweep & mop the floors for them too ...

That's it!. After the one last year, I stopped S@H for a while. This time, it's over! I want a divorce! I want child support for all those cpu cycles I've donated through the years ...
    Fabricati Diem, Pvnk

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist".

heh heh heh heh.......... I just killed off the email addy I used for S@H after last year's letter. And poof!!! I didn't get one from them this year!

But overall I'm with you PoorBoy. I too figure that I'm doing enough for a project by sinking the money into buying hardware and paying for electricity every month for the projects I crunch. This can get to be a very expensive hobby, or obsession or........

I don't see the problem here, I just set my preference to not receive email from projects and as such I never have.

I don't mind getting the email. They let me know I'm UotD and such. But only one project asks for donations of $$ as well as my cpu time. That's going too far.
    Fabricati Diem, Pvnk

I crunch for SETI but I don't worry about such things for a reason. You know, that the Berkeley guys crunch the giant units looking for things like the WOW signal before they split it off and we get something. So essentially, I find it unlikely that one user will get something like the WOW signal.

But then you may ask, why I crunch for SETI. Well first of all, I have this brand new Phenom chip that is just sitting here idle, what else is it supposed to do? Second of all I don't have a fat internet connection to participate in some of the projects with intense file sizes. I've worked with Rosetta but then it just became unmanageable.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast