Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: People with scary or weird user profiles

People with scary or weird user profiles

I don't mean to be mean but some user profiles in BOINC are "different" and you probably would et a fright if the person behind the profile had to come knocking on your door. This is done purely by profile photo's and no offence whatsoever is intended...

So here goes... http://boinc.rieselsieve.com/orig/vi...hp?userid=3082
    Before BOINC: 8778 Seti WUs Crunched

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    I got some odd pics of myself too... sometimes people take pics of us on the worst possible moments.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoGen View Post
    I got some odd pics of myself too... sometimes people take pics of us on the worst possible moments.
    I know what you mean NeoGen, the paparazzi are everywhere! :5bouncy:

That pics not to bad.

Considering I just spent last night here http://www.thewendyhouse.org/ it looks relativly normal

Quote Originally Posted by drezha View Post
    That pics not to bad.

Considering I just spent last night here http://www.thewendyhouse.org/ it looks relativly normal
    Wow...I take it you are into the whole Goth thing then:hat15:
    Before BOINC: 8778 Seti WUs Crunched

Fairly. Prefer more metal music but goth stuff is good as well.

I have taken some scary pictures as well... I just don't put them on the internet...

I'll second that...I had a identity thief a few years ago, he just got out of federal prision here after serving 25 months. I wonder how much of ourselves that we expose on the net such as our pictures, age, where we live ...so on ...if that helps these guys who steal our identity. The one that got me had all my personal info, name, age ss#,date of birth, address, phone number...this happened about three years ago so it wasn't a recient thing. My pic and stuff is still out there so I guess I'm not helping much to prevent it from happening again.....

Tony Kaye, Billy Sherwood, Alan White, Jimmy Haun

Amd Users StatsJoin World Community Grid

Blackadder I know your fear of being taken advantage. I have been involved in IT security for some time, so I prefer to remain out of the reach of those varmits. I keep changing my location and my point of focus so many times, You would think I move 3 times a year. It is just an attempt to avoid the identity gatherer the quality of info they are looking for. Advice keep your self active at all times, keep changing your statistics of where you exist or reside or leave it generalized. Mention on forums that your moving, etc. A stagnant listing of an active address is just asking for trouble in the long run. (That is unless you are not actually at that address - then leave it, I actually Have three addresses, one at school, one at a police station, and one at my former residence.)

Sure the constant moving is difficult but it will result in confusing your attacker instead of giving him the clues he or she needs to change your life to there liking. :cwm10:

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

:let_it_all_out:Hummm....sound advice, thanks !!! I haven't had any problems since this one guy was jailed, a foreigner with a expired visa they told me. BTW he was locked up at the Loretto PA Federal prison, I see that you are from PA...I don't know where in PA Loretto is located.He got out Sept. 24th but had a INS detainer on him so I hope he was sent the hell back from wherever he came from. I just may change up my home location on web sites .....Thanks again.

Tony Kaye, Billy Sherwood, Alan White, Jimmy Haun

Amd Users StatsJoin World Community Grid

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast