Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bumped again

Bumped again

It seems Free DC has a new member, we are back to 4th again.

Its jrflorance again. Remember they joined Team Chilli Pepper for a few weeks and then abandoned them and joined some no-hopers for a while. Let's start a tab on how long they stay aligned to Free-DC. I'll guess 3 weeks, then they join Team Poland; no better still they'll get spammed by UberoUno and migrate to them.

This is getting on my nerves. Team hopping is not a part of this competition. I am going to personally ask the master to clarify the rule on this. He seems to want to jump around a lot. I do know that I don't want all that cpu time wasted for nothing. I am personally going Ubero for a while. I want to regain 3rd position. AFter that, my conquest is rc5 on dnet.

Any opinions?

I think you have it wrong team hopping is appearently an important part of ubero. Acually any cpu cycles you do contribute to ubero is wasted anyway. Just imagine if everyone jumped on just one dc project that was involved in medical research like folding@home or Distributed folding instead of wasting cycle on BS projects.

BS

well, I think it is absolute BS. What is the point of participating in a team effort when I can just beg someone to join my team and easily get 200,000 or 600,000 WU. Gay. I emailed the webmaster and am waiting for a response. Ill post when I get a reply.
    Later
    JEff

Its not the fact that the project is not doing any useful work but the fact that it is useful in our ranking and someone keeps being a jerk just to bump us down!!! :x

To bad I don't have more points or I'd move them over to you guys. That would get thier goat. :twisted:

btw - I saw the comaprison between the 1.4 versions of java. I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get the IBM 1.4 for winblows. I know it's out, but included in one of the webshere packages which is quite large.

Worse case scenario I could download it now that I have cable back but I don't know how to extract it.

I Just checked and the ibm version available were windows=1.3.1 linux=1.4.1

http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/java/jdk/

I got the windows version of the IBM 1.4 :D It's got a nice regular installer unlike the 1.3 version. I guess I'll have to do some benching now.

Madcat, I'm interested in how the new IBM Java goes. What are you planning on benchmarking it against? Remember that Ubero tasks vary in size so you need to measure quite a few eg. run for a day with one Java then try the other for a day. Have you compared the various Sun Java's?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast