Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: New client for GPU

New client for GPU

Folding at Home has a new client for ATI GPU's which support the X1600, X1800, and X1900 cards. A Dll was needed for it to run ( on mine ) which can be googled and installed to /windows/system if you get the error prompt...I'm running it now so I'll test it for the Team and report how fast it is.....
    Happy Crunching !!!!!
    Last edited by BlackAdder; 12-02-2006 at 03:13 AM.

Tony Kaye, Billy Sherwood, Alan White, Jimmy Haun

Amd Users StatsJoin World Community Grid

yep, I downloaded it also, and am trying to complete a wu on my 1900 series card, I'm at stage 14 whatever that means. I wonder how long this should run for.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAdder View Post
    Folding at Home has a new client for ATI GPU's which support the X1600, X1800, and X1900 cards. A Dll was needed for it to run ( on mine ) which can be googled and installed to /windows/system if you get the error prompt...I'm running it now so I'll test it for the Team and report how fast it is.....
    Happy Crunching !!!!!
    Let us know how you go with it.

Also a new SMP client was released for those of you running dual core linux 64 or dual core Mac.

Think about 8 hours a unit was the default. But you get something like 600points a unit for 8 hours work... my 3500 can get 600point units that take 2.5days to do....

My folding client is saying it takes 5.9 seconds to complete a frame, but it has 25000 frames to complete !!! Should be done on Sunday for the first WU...since I can't seem to get my GeForce 6800 ultra to fire up I'll keep my ATI x1600 Pro working on this

I've noticed something odd...in windows task manager for performance it shows the kernel usage to be near 100% with cpu at 100% also (expected) wonder what gives with the kernel usage??? this has only happened since the GPU client has been running.

Windows is not used to this diverse use of hard ware, I would say there is no problem at this time. Different uses in areas not foreseen with the OS's will be expected to startle everyone till this becomes normal.

What is normal ?

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

Yes indeed...what is normal ??? In Star Trek TNG Jordie was told that normal was what everyone else was and he was not...

Well I finished my first ATI GPU unit, it tool a day, and they gave me 385 credits. Is that about normal? I'm 17% into a second unit. Has anyone overclocked their ati GPU yet? I see that it can be done. I might hook it up in line with my water cooler.

My first wu finishes in about an hour, just about a day on my X1600 Pro. ATITool can overclock the GPU and memory as I have done with mine, F@H says to do this before the start of the WU, or close it and apply the OC and restart the WU, but not during the folding process.I think I read that the max credit for one of these wu's would be 400 per day...... So far so good but it seems to cause a slight delay in other things starting such as the browser while running.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast