Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Proteins at Home

Oh, it was your computers that you were calling your Zoo.

In a cornfield about 35 miles east of St. Louis
    This is what I had on a "wish list" from a couple of months ago.
    COOLER MASTER Mystique RC-632-KWN1-GP Black Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Computer
    Case

ASUS A8N-E Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra ATX AMD Motherboard
    Thermaltake W0093RU ATX 12V 2.0 Version 500W Power Supply
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ Toledo 2.4GHz Socket 939 Processor Model ADA4800DAA6CD -
    OEM
    Kingston 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 500 (PC 4000) Dual Channel Kit Desktop
    Memory Model KHX4000LLK2/2G
    Western Digital Caviar SE WD1600JSRTL 160GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive
    LITE-ON 20X DVD±R Burner with 12X DVD-RAM write and LightScribe Technology Black
    IDE Model LH-20A1H-186
    VIGOR GAMING CLT-M2A 92mm Thermal Electric CPU Cooler
    FREETECH PX6200TD-128M GeForce 6200 128MB DDR PCI Express x16 Video Card

The problem is that I had decided I didn't want any more 4800+'s because they run so hot. The wife saw the old list and ordered me 3 of them for christmas. Once the boxes started showing up she just went ahead and told me. No way was I going to pout and tick her off so I'll just have to wait till spring to get what I've been really wanting. I want to try one of those Tyon boards and build a server. The dang boxes are getting out of hand and I think it's time to try putting all of this into racks. Even if I have to find a way to make a cold room. A shed will work but even then I'll have to have two rooms. One to work in and the other for the machines that I can lower the temp in. I just ordered another KVM switch to gang onto the one I got last month. I really like the D-Link so I stayed with that brand, but the cables are out of sight.

Yea Steve I used to name them after the family members that I built them for but I ran out of kids so now I have Zebra, Roo, Cheata, Tiger...........
    Last edited by gatekeeper53; 12-16-2006 at 04:39 PM.
    Me transmitte sursum, caledoni!

I am totally against political jokes....I've seem to many of them elected!!

Someday I will dream of all those goodies I can add on to my collection. But, for now I just need to get cranking on Proteins at home project. So Rocketship has just signed on, Will see what I can do with these two machines and how fast we achieve #1 place. P.S. Gatekeeper53 you know since you ran out of kids names you could add a few to the corral and keep the wife busy and out of your hair? Just a thought!
    Last edited by Nflight; 12-16-2006 at 11:35 PM.

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

What a wife, I want one like that (but I can't because I'm already married and bigamy isn't allowed here)
    Darkness isn't there, but you can't see through it

It looks like Free-DC is going to give the Protein Project a little Push. Bok was there on his own & not really doing that bad by himself, but he's got help now so without any more help here I don't know how long we''ll be able to hold them off ...

H E L P - I am not sure how much more I can holler I am getting hoarse here! Flags are waiving, maybe if I turned the light on someone could see me over here!

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    I've just reserved some for myself.
    I had an idea they were heavy for my machine... but the one it's running now it's at 50% in 15 minutes... is that normal? are they that fast now?

The work Units they are dishing out right now last from anywhere of 23 minutes down to 11 minutes. Thats pretty fast compared to just two days ago at 1.5 to 3 hours each!

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin

Proteins Home page is down. Has anyone else noticed this! According to there foresight they published teh a few items of the project would be down due to a break in classes at the university. I believe we are seeing this happen as you read this.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast