Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: Proteins at Home

Just a FYI: PC Perspective Killer Frogs (another French team?) is making a run on our position in this project.

All right, now where in the heck has Poorboy gone off to? Here I have been dilligently sneaking up on him in this project for a year or so, and now he's not even there in the stats. What's up with this?

Most of my fun is camping on a project and seeing if someone is interested in keeping their placement.

PoorBoy decided to leave the team. He will probably be moving all of his points away from us.

It was his decision to do so. He is not mad at anyone. He just decided to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerknurd View Post
    He will probably be moving all of his points away from us
    Sigh ... Any Points I earned @ any Project while on the AMD Team will stay with the AMD Team @ every Project even though I may no longer be on the Team. Thats the way it should be & thats the way it is in the BOINC Projects unlike a lot of DC Projects where the Credit is lost by the Team if a person leaves, I still get the Personal Credit too no matter where or who I Crunch for.

As Beer said I am not mad @ anyone, I basically just like to crunch on my own & was surprised I stayed on the Team as long as I did. I've had the Itch to move on by myself for a long time and finally pulled the Trigger a few days ago ...
    Last edited by PoorBoy; 05-16-2008 at 06:47 PM.

In a cornfield about 35 miles east of St. Louis
    Don't be a stranger, stop by and say hi from time to time. Thanks for all the GREAT numbers that you put up for the team, and I hope you know that your welcome back anytime.
    Me transmitte sursum, caledoni!

I am totally against political jokes....I've seem to many of them elected!!

Well, I have to admit I've had that itch every once in a while myself. I tend to get dissapointed that the projects which are important to me aren't as important to others. But, I was married once, I understand dissapointment. Poorboy will be missed, in several ways.

Quote Originally Posted by PoorBoy View Post
    As Beer said I am not mad @ anyone, I basically just like to crunch on my own & was surprised I stayed on the Team as long as I did. I've had the Itch to move on by myself for a long time and finally pulled the Trigger a few days ago ...
    I was wondering what happened to you on BOINCStats and the projects' main sites. Your name was disappearing from our team on all of them. I thought it was a CPID issue like a few people are dealing with. I'm glad it wasn't related to any disagreements with the team like what happened with Dr. Morris recently. It was certainly a pleasure having your workunit crunching domination on our side!

Quote Originally Posted by PoorBoy View Post
    Crunch forth and prosper Poor Boy!

Looks like Proteins@Home has run out of work and is shutting down for now. On their website they state that they are moving into another location, but for now they don't have anyone to run the project. They are looking for 20 post-doc positions to fill.

As Predictor@Home is also not issuing work (and it doesn't seem I'll get the opportunity to catch Mitchell) I'm moving over to Einstein@Home to help my son get another team ranking before moving back to chase KeithW's heels in D2OL. Someone has to keep that young man working...

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112