Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Our Team

Yes, the .net pissed me off. I don't want to install and download a whole bunch of extra junk. Have a stand-alone client.
    Damnit.

:twisted:

Quote Originally Posted by Arminiusc
    Yup looks like they just doubled the number of people they have on it to 2.

Yeah but those two have some real power at their disposal, look at RSAttack...

Well maybe anyways. :?

Looks like US-distributed has a total of 4 computers on it right now... one of them seems to be an opteron even.

Looks like they stepped up thier attack and swamp yet another project. I've given up on EON because of them. Kinda takes the fun out of it.

Hi Madcat, I tried some EON recently. Graeme's improved the stats a little, adding the rank in the stats listing for example but the client still doesn't checkpoint or give any indication of progress. I don't like the fact you could be 99.9% through a task and lose all that work becuase you moved the mouse (and stopped the screensaver running). Also the tasks seemto take quite some time even with at least an XP2000+ running it they seem to take more than 15 minutes per task.
    (SPJeff69, maybe this should move to the EON thread?)

Then use the text client. It's a bit faster and it gives you a readout of it's progress of sorts. I don't really thing they will change the client much from reading in thier forum, since they rely on grant monies to operate. At least they will be changing over something other than aluminum models and have some more students helping out on the project.

I was guessing that windows would be faster with EON oh maybe not.

?text client?

Madcat - what text client? When I visit the EON site and go to How to download there is a Windows (all flavours bar XP), X86 Linux and Alpha Linux.
    The Windows verison is called eon_install.exe - I don't see a text version. Is there some special way to make it do this?

From the EON FAQ:

Question:

Is there a text based EON client for windows?

Answer:

We don't have a specific text based installation for windows, but running the client.exe program (by default c:\Program Files\UW Chemistry\Eon\Program\client.exe) will start a text client.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast