Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: MJ-12 Stats

Good output there Fredric, well need even more help to hold off the Dutch. More likely we need to catch the X-Grubbers before the Dutch catch us. The few we have won't be able to hold the Power Cows off for long.

Me, I'm just aiming for a Billion URL's crawled - that's all. It would be nice to have my internet speed back and not seem like I'm on dial-up all the time.

I have it running as hard as possible. my intel keeps crashing on it though, probably need to shut it down there. both puters are on the same line though, so no big loss normally

and yes we need a lot more people to keep the cows from grazing our space

[NGS]Cpt00Kirk:

Your team has done an impressive job in the last 4 months. Looks like you lost one of your heavy-crawlers a while ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Lux View Post
    [NGS]Cpt00Kirk:

Your team has done an impressive job in the last 4 months. Looks like you lost one of your heavy-crawlers a while ago.
    we lost kamcobill I think. or was it someone else? I'm maxed out here guys, we need more people, preferably with high speed, unlimited internet access. somebody's got to have it.

I wish I did, then I would.

I was meaning that the Cows lost one of their heavy hitters. A few months ago their production stopped, else the team would be catching us even sooner.

They likely got into trouble with their ISP. Some ISP's get upset when we actually use the bandwidth they advertise and that we pay for. Go figure...

The program was running so well when I was on a wired connection. However, after moving to KY and having to use a wireless adapter, I'm getting so many DNS errors with the client. I've got to look into some possible interference from neighboring routers around our house, because regular web browsing is affected, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Lux View Post
    I was meaning that the Cows lost one of their heavy hitters. A few months ago their production stopped, else the team would be catching us even sooner.

They likely got into trouble with their ISP. Some ISP's get upset when we actually use the bandwidth they advertise and that we pay for. Go figure...
    Well we had a guy that had 2x100MB lines but he could only use 50GB a week so in less than a day he did more then that so he had to stop.

so no ISP problems but upload limits

I sort of consider an ISP load limit to be a problem. If my ISP advertises unlimited usage with a certain bandwidth for a specified price, I think that is exacly what they should provide. All too often people find out after they start something like MJ-12 that there are un-advertised limits on monthly usage.

Shameless project recruitment advertisement:

For those who have not yet tried Majestic-12, but who may be reading this forum, you should know that Majestic 12 is adjustable to use only the bandwidth that you want it to use. And, it has low memory and processor demands, so other BOINC and non-Boinc projects can be run at the same time. While some like Fredric and myself run it at full capacity, that may not be your style. If you want to run just a few crawlers and/or restrict its bandwidth you can do that and still help out the team.

Not everyone has a 10MB (mine is 6MB) unlimited bandwidth line, or is willing to put up with running a MJ-12 setup that makes is seem that your other internet applications are on dialup (as mine does), but you can still contribute with a tweeked back setup that will contribute to the team.

(If you are running DIMES or some other internet intensive application for the team then that project recruitment advertisement wasn't for you.)

Well, I've crawled over 1 Billion URL's for Majestic-12 over the course of the last 2-1/2 years or so. I think that's about enough. This weekend I plan to change back over to Dimes - If I remember to and if I remember how. You stick with one thing long enough and you don't remember how to change to something else.

khromov: Keep up the good fight.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast