Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welcome BC

Welcome BC

Hello and welcome to the team fellow cruncher.

Welcome aboard.

hi BC welcome

Glad to have you with us BC. Welcome to the team.

Welcome BC!!

BC Welcome to the team :D

Welcome!

Welcome BC! I hope you enjoy the AMD Users community!

Jeff S.
    Computer Repair in Clarksville, TN
    http://ClarksvillePCRepair.com

Not scared.... couldn't find the lounge!!! ROFL

Hey all!

and thanks for the welcome!!!

To tell you a bit about me... I've been an AMD'er since I found that
    there was an alternative to the 8086... (which was rigged over where
    an 8088 belonged)... My friends at the time said I would, if given a
    Cray XMP-4 (the fastest back then), outgrow it in about 6 months.. LOL

I was around when the first Athlons were fab'd and had the privledge of getting them hand delivered and built PCs with them. Next was the first
    Athlon MPs.

Since then, it's been GREAT uphill fun.... I'm loving every minute of it.

I'm working now with SGI/Cray machines as well now.... pulling multiple worlds together. I wish I could show you a picture of my computer lab. I think it's fair to say that 3 fully loaded Origin 3000's (you can check their specs for fun) with a few hundred terabytes of disk space (RAIDed of course) would be fun for anyone and DC. I would rather see that as 3 fully loaded AMD machines of equal power, but oh well... it will happen soon enough. So far, so good.

I've had the privledge of developing some other cool things that you all know well, the most common being what is now the 'moving map display' in your car. My boss and I did the very first prototype just for laughs about 9 years ago now. There's more, but I think you get the idea.

If there is ANYTHING you would like to know... don't be afraid to ask. Emailing me is a lot quicker to get my attention, but I will definately hang out here in the lounge and ALSO set the notification flag.

Thanks again for the overwhelming welcome.
    Happy crunching.

What I do for a living is always on the high end of computing... always on that 'bleeding edge' and then some.

Thanks again and it's good to be here,
    BC

Once I thought writing a letter to AMD Portugal to see if they could support us (the team) with a super-computer. I'm reconsidering right now.

AMD supporting us with a super computer.

I don't see why not....

We need to find someone in the group who is REALLY good at soliciting hardare.

I can spell it all out, and maybe ask some of my contacts who to contact..

If possible, I *WILL* ask if we can get something new to put as part of the group.... That would be GREAT press for AMD...

OR would a couple of full-up 8-way Opteron machine do it?.. (which we would overclock... [evil grin])

How should we do this... All I can do is ask from the inside and see how receptive people are. Mostly, we need to find out how badly AMD wants to prove just how bad Intel really is AND how badly they want to be the #1 chip maker. That's the key.

Assuming we get at least one, what project(s) do we put it on? Predictor/BOINC? D2OL?

Pepe, since it's your brainchild, would you care to take the lead? Tell us what to do... and tell me how I can be of best service to our cause?

BC.

PS: Sounds like that 'sticky' at the top of the forum, which I take as an idea, may have some life to it. You have my support. Go for it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast