Thread: Zeta Grid - New member - Phillip Jarre

Zeta Grid - New member - Phillip Jarre

Hi Phillip Jarre,

Welcome to the team. You are making a good job.
    AMD Users stats

(off-topic)

Pentium III 800 MHz / PC133 SDRAM --- Processing time for 1 work unit: ~ 4:00 h
    Athlon 700 MHz / PC133 SDRAM --- Processing time for 1 work unit: ~ 6:30 h
    ZetaGrid is slower on an AMD Athlon than on Intel Pentiums.

Phillip,

What projects are you running??

You can view your Team stats at this address http://www.cappellin.net/modules.php...am=AMD%20Users too.

----------------------------
    REGOLO: Athlon XP Barton 2800+@2310 (210*11) on ASUS A7N8X-X, CPU Cooler Zalman CNPS 6000Cu, Kingston 512MB 2.5-3-3-9, CD-RW ASUS 5224A, IBM Deskstar 60GB e 120GB ATA100, ASUS V6600 Deluxe 32MB, Case Thermaltake Xaser

Thanks. I was a member of your forum but you changed your address. Do i have to create a new account?

Quote Originally Posted by em99010pepe
    Thanks. I was a member of your forum but you changed your address. Do i have to create a new account?
    Are you sure? :shock:
    Perhaps when I changed PHP-nuke version I lost your account... If so, I'm sorry.
    By the way, you can register again.
    Bye.

I thought it was a password problem.

I'm going to create a new one. Thanks.

New and confused. do let me know if this forum will continue, and if not there are any others-I didn't find any-on the topic of Zeta. I am in the process of using it in a S/F story of sorts.- Conchis

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    Hi Conchis, welcome to the team! :icon_smile:

The Zetagrid project ended quite a while ago already, that's why nobody posts here anymore.

You can still find some information on the official website:
    http://www.zetagrid.net/
    but parts of it are already offline.

And probably all other DC Teams that participated on the project have also forums where they talked about it, just like here. There's plenty of information there too.

But is there any particular piece of information about the project that you are searching for? I'd be glad to help, but I do not even know what "S/F" means.

S/F is usually Sci Fi = Science Fiction.

Questions about Zeta? Where would I start?

And you are correct, Sir V-figured all here would grok S/F, not that I'm all that into it. A link I would love to read, if any can provide one, is on speculation about the ramifications for Number Theory and Physics should a Zeta proof become available. Is the new direction using particle physics to crack it addressed? Are there any who believe-as Turing did when he wrote "On Computable Numbers"-that in fact there were gaps where certain non-trivial zeros way past a trillion that did not fall along the Riemann's curve? Would such a proof be an even bigger bombshell than Incompleteness? I will be back with many more questions, as Zeta lies at the heart of a story I am now working on elsewhere in the metaverse. And thanks for taking time to respond to a novice. Funny, about a year ago I used that Penquin Gif in my emails as an example of 'flipping the bird' recursively. (a bird flipping another) Hear how Bush was told 2 Brazilian troops had been killed in Iraq? He gasped, then whispered to Cheney; "God, just how many is a brazillion, Dick?"