Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who is running this?

Who is running this?

How many people are running chessbrain right now?
    I have 2 computers running it on the side.

I am running it alongside Lifemapper on 3 machines and the other im trying to expand our lead on Grid.

I'm running it in the background on 8 computers. Sometimes it just stops for no reason with a message along the lines of "no more moves". It doesn't restart so it needs watching closely, definitely not a "set-and-forget" project like DF, Ubero or Seti.

It is a pain at times. I've been trying to help cjus with the problem. Load up the -05 client so you can have a log file generated that might help him to debug it.

versions

How do I get the -05 version?
    On the Chessbrain site the download is 20407.01 for Windows (cmd line) which is the version I'm running on my rigs.

Go to the forum http://www.chessbrain.net/bbs/viewforum.php?f=19 here where he has all the experimental clients located. :D

hmmm... these experimental clients... do they generate more points per day?

I'm totally clueless. :o

Madcat I'll pass on commenting on your last post

I had tried the beta or experimental client and it never even reached the server. Chessbrain has got to be the most boring dc project out

Quote Originally Posted by Bionic_Redneck
    Madcat I'll pass on commenting on your last post
    Having dealt with TC, I make certian statement knowing full well the relies it may garner.

I'll have to load up the standard client and see how it connects. I do have trouble but I tend to blame my router. If you aren't into chess, I can see where you'd find it rather boring. I tend to look at it as an experimental form of an AI in addition to it being able to potentially take down a player of Kasparov's stature or IBM Blue.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast