Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Team rac?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Broer View Post
    800k today!
    And guess what? I've dropped to 111th place! Life's hard at the top....
    900k today!
    And guess what? I've dropped to 112th place! Life's hard at the top and Vaughan is coming closer too....
    Guess I'll have to spend September 26/30 at running Leiden all-out to reach to #110
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 09-22-2013 at 09:12 AM.

Hi Vaughan,

How many cores have you pulling on Leiden at the moment? Testing a new Socket 2011 hexacore with hyperthreading? Bought a 16-core Opteron?
    That's a real impressive performance by you -half your credit comes from last month only!
    I guess I'see you fly over in a few days, even though I've devoted half my fleet to Leiden at the moment -rest was on POGS and has now turned Enigma.

Quote Originally Posted by vaughan View Post
    Nice going Dirk. Leiden is not a very good payer of cobblestones so to reach 200K is a big achievement. Well done!
    You've seem to have found a way around the lousy cobblestone ratio, cranking out close to 40k a day now!

Hi Vaughan,

How many cores have you pulling on Leiden at the moment? Testing a new Socket 2011 hexacore with hyperthreading? Bought a 16-core Opteron?
    I looked it up: 19 systems, amongst which six hyperthreaded quad-core i7s (one laptop), Two Phenom X6s, four i5s, four Core2Quads, two Core2Duos and a Xeon E5.
    I might as well surrender -but I have planned to go down screaming.

Vaughan's big push forward brought the team up four places this month by the way, FreeDC being the latest victim.
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 09-29-2013 at 08:59 AM.

I might as well surrender -but I have planned to go down screaming.
    My screaming so far brought me three places higher (109 now), but Vaughan is closing in fast (at 113 already), at the looks of it he's trying for a 50k day score...
    At this rate team Canada will fall for us tomorrow and the 3 million credits mark for the team will be reached too.
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 09-29-2013 at 12:01 PM.

I was hoping you would have seen me earlier and done a race to 1M. That's my target. Then I'll move on to something else.
    My son is building another Linux box for me to run on WEP+M2 as I'm 30 days away from 2.5M on that project.

I don't know how many cores I have on Leiden - it takes ages to turn the battle fleet around

Had lots of remote networking issues over the last few days. Skyping my son he fiddled with the proxies and restarted the server and it seems to be running OK again. I was out of touch with Sydney for about 18 hours but at least the boxes were crunching, just unable to see what they were doing from Canberra. All's good now.

Hi Vaughan, spotted you too late, I guess...
    I'm aiming at a #100 spot, but that might take longer than your 1 million mark.
    If I am lucky I can do 7k-8k a day on all eight boxes that work under my account -by doing only Leiden, but I intend to maintain a top-3 Clank score in the team too.
    With B Johansson, LeonardoXIV, lazykiller and you as co-contestants, that's a though competition!

Agree with you - Clanks are hard to maintain a lead in.

You're getting awfully close now...(108 vs 110)
    Poor Tony (at 109 now) won't know what hit him, two AMD Users waltzing over him in one day while he's going at a 3k a day speed himself!
    At the end of the day he'll be at 110 -two places lower than this morning- in respectable distance from the both of us.
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 09-30-2013 at 01:41 PM.

Sorry I ran over you today. I hit the anchors but rear-ended you.
    Now chasing Jason @ Docking

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast