Page 48 of 52 FirstFirst ... 383940414243444546474849505152 LastLast

Thread: Team Catching up Update

Accs, unless they're 940's that is. mine are Socket F's

Quote Originally Posted by PoorBoy View Post
    As far as I'm concerned the AR's Team is quite Lame with all the Outside help their trying to bring in to overtake us while we basically are just using our own Team members...
    I'm definitely with you on this one. They should change their name to Team Blueberry PI et al.

Also, I haven't noticed any corporate logos...you'd think they would be required to advertise considering how many work computers they have borged.

Quote Originally Posted by PoorBoy View Post
    Go Mitchellds, & good job, I'm still waiting for some of my parts to come in, I got the Cases yesterday & should get the CPU's today to add 6 more Core's to the lowly farm I have.
    Lowly farm??? LOL, I wish I had your so called "Lowly farm"... And you're adding 6 more cores...
    Damn-it man!!!
    I’m Dangerously Under Medicated!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Opteron View Post
    Lowly farm??? LOL, I wish I had your so called "Lowly farm"... And you're adding 6 more cores...
    Damn-it man!!!
    ... Well I only have 8 PC's is why I call it a lowly Farm, that barely even qualifies it as a Farm to some people. I try to go more for efficiency than Quantity, my goal by the end of year is to have 8 or maybe 9 PC's running 32-36 Core's ... ... Whether I will reach that goal or not I don't know but I won't be far off if I don't ...

In a cornfield about 35 miles east of St. Louis
    Very Nice Farm Poorboy and great use of electricity. I'm slowly updating from single cores to duals. And now I'm starting to add boxes also. I hope to add a box every other week thru the summer. The wife calls my collection a Zoo so I started nameing them as I build them. I already have a name picked out for my first quad....Gorilla! One thing I find about this DC'ing is that it's worse than Meth as far as being addictive. lol
    Me transmitte sursum, caledoni!

I am totally against political jokes....I've seem to many of them elected!!

Thats awsome Poorboy. I'd like to get to the point also. If they ever drop the price of the quad cores, I' d start upgrading to my c2d's. Hopefully in April as they say, prices will drop. It should get interesting about then I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by gatekeeper53 View Post
    Very Nice Farm Poorboy and great use of electricity. I'm slowly updating from single cores to duals. And now I'm starting to add boxes also. I hope to add a box every other week thru the summer. The wife calls my collection a Zoo so I started nameing them as I build them. I already have a name picked out for my first quad....Gorilla! One thing I find about this DC'ing is that it's worse than Meth as far as being addictive. lol
    Yes, what a lot of people don't realize is a Quad core running say the PI Segment Project is equal to about 5 or more P4 3.4Ghz CPU's running the Project, which is going to use less electricity ... ??? Running the BIONC Projects the Quad Core outrun's the P4's by even a greater margin.

I'm just waiting for the 45n Quads to come out later this year so I can save a little more on electricity ...
    Last edited by PoorBoy; 03-30-2007 at 02:29 PM.

Terry - when you update from single core A64 to dual core, do you have to do a repair on your OS to update the HAL to see the 2nd core? I have a single core in my server that I want to upgrade to a dual core, but I am afraid of having to do a repair install because it is my server. I'd lose all my shares, etc.

Will you lot stop talking about all these cores. I keep drooling.

Just kidding, keep it up. I have 5 singles and 1 dual plus a big mortgage
    Darkness isn't there, but you can't see through it

I 2nd the big mortgage.... dammit

Page 48 of 52 FirstFirst ... 383940414243444546474849505152 LastLast