Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cases

Quote Originally Posted by vaughan View Post
    Antec Super LanBoy has 2x 120mm fans which are pretty quiet. Case is easy to work on but is a smaller size - suitable for carrying to Lan parties

Antec SLK3000B is a lot cheaper than the Super LanBoy. The front plastic door is pretty flimsy but on the other hand if its a cruncher you won't be opening it often! Comes with 1x 120mm fan at the rear and has room for 1 on the front with an included dust filter already mounted. The design flaw is that they have a gap under the front housing that allows air to bypass the filer - you just clog it up with tape to force the air to flow via the filter. It has a air duct on the LHS to allow ambient air to be directed on the CPU hsf. However, it doesn't align with my Gigabyte 965P-DQ6 motherboard and e4300 hsf. Case size is bigger than Super LanBoy but smaller than a full tower.

Antec P160WF is probably my favourite. I have a CoolerMaster MiniAquagate R120 watercooler mounted inside this case and it vents via the rear 120mm fan. This keeps my Opteron 165 under control. I dislike the ultra bright blue LED on the front but that doesn't matter now because I have the case turned around so I can access the rear ports.

I considered the Antec 900 case but as it has open mesh grills (to allow superior cooling) it also allows the fan noise to escape. I have most of my cases off the floor so they are too close to face height to put up with noisy fans all day and night. The 900 allows multiple fans including a 200mm whopper on the top so it should cool pretty well.

Doomeva wants one of them for his next rig so I'll probably get my arm twisted into buying one eventually. Its probably the "wow" factor of such a cool looking case that appeals to a 15 yr old boy.
    i have the antec ninehundred. i can tell you it cools bloody good! my full load temps dropped from 55-60 degrees celsius to 42 degrees! and the casetemp with all fans on minimum never rises above 30 degrees celsius (at least not at my place)

Quote Originally Posted by Frederic Brillouet View Post
    i have the antec ninehundred. i can tell you it cools bloody good! my full load temps dropped from 55-60 degrees celsius to 42 degrees! and the casetemp with all fans on minimum never rises above 30 degrees celsius (at least not at my place)
    That's good to hear, I ordered 6 of them the other day to replace some Cases that I had that are quite old and don't really have good air flow. I'm hoping they keep the Cases cool enough so I don't have to back off the CPU's from where their at now ...

Quote Originally Posted by PoorBoy View Post
    That's good to hear, I ordered 6 of them the other day to replace some Cases that I had that are quite old and don't really have good air flow. I'm hoping they keep the Cases cool enough so I don't have to back off the CPU's from where their at now ...
    hope they'll work as good for you

i like the psu at the bottom technique. keeps my psu cold at last. for your information, my cpu cooler is a zalman 7000, it helps to keep those cpu temps down. my last case was a crappy mstech thing. now that i have the antec, i know why this one costs 100 euro and the previous one 30!

you bought 6 cases the machines have to be worth the effort then

hope they'll work as good for you

i like the psu at the bottom technique. keeps my psu cold at last. for your information, my cpu cooler is a zalman 7000, it helps to keep those cpu temps down. my last case was a crappy mstech thing. now that i have the antec, i know why this one costs 100 euro and the previous one 30!

you bought 6 cases the machines have to be worth the effort then
    ... A guys gotta do what he's gotta do ... ... I have good CPU Coolers but the cases I have blow, the 9 Hundred should cure that problem anyway. The QUAD Core's I have run a lot hotter than the DUO Core's & need all the help they can get ...

... A guys gotta do what he's gotta do ... ... I have good CPU Coolers but the cases I have blow, the 9 Hundred should cure that problem anyway. The QUAD Core's I have run a lot hotter than the DUO Core's & need all the help they can get ...
    i only have a simple athlon64 3000+

i only have a simple athlon64 3000+
    Hey, your doing what you can do for the Team & that's what counts & is Appreciated too ...

Hey, your doing what you can do for the Team & that's what counts & is Appreciated too ...
    thanks man!

(i really should get working on that date with paris hilton )

Quote Originally Posted by gatekeeper53 View Post
    Nothing like those I ended up with more Thermaltakes.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811133132

I've had one for about a year and a half and really like it so....... I guess I just hate change.lol It's really easy to work with.
    The HDD and floppy cages in that are identical to those of the Antec 3000. The 5.25" bays look the same but it's hard to tell from the pic. I wouldn't be surprised if both cases came off the same line. At least the main chassis, anyway.

I have 3 of the Antec 3000 cases in one interation or another. I sold my 4th one with my old Celeron system to some friends from church. I am sticking with this case because it is great.

One thing about this TT this is nice is that the front bezel is on hinges and opens with a key. More like a server than a regular computer. I can see the advantage to that over the way the 3000 works.

I have a couple of TT Soprano cases, and will buy more when I need a tower case. I like the clean look, and 120mm fans. I don't access the dvd/cd very often, so a door is no big deal. I just leave my 2 game dvd's in the drive all the time anyway.
    Logic is the art of being wrong with confidence.

In a cornfield about 35 miles east of St. Louis
    The door is the one thing I don't like about the case. But, this thing does cool well and that Monsoon II puts off a major amount of heat.
    Me transmitte sursum, caledoni!

I am totally against political jokes....I've seem to many of them elected!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast