Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: D20L stats

I just rolled out another 130 wu's from a couple old P3 boxes.

Note to self: read forum post dates....
    Logic is the art of being wrong with confidence.

I don't know if anyone else had noticed or not, but Team Norway is closing on our placement in D2OL. They are only about 5,000 behind us - and consistantly outpacing our present team efforts there.

Yep, it's been going like that for quite a while. I uploaded around 10,000 a few days ago when Team Norway was ahead. Unfortunately we don't have enough non-boinc crunchers to keep the non-boinc stuff going all the way around. Not dinging on the boinc crunchers, just stating a basic fact of life here. Pretty much is a boinc team now. We are in a rob Peter to pay Paul situation on the non-boinc stuff, and to some degree it's the same on a lot of the boinc stuff I've noticed too. More projects out there than assets to keep current in everything. Myself, I've been busy with MoneyBee trying to help get that to team position @11. Only Bender10 and a couple others are crunching d2ol on a regular basis, and Bender moved a couple of his systems over to help on moneybee too.

I don't think there is any magic answer to it all. And I've noticed that we aren't the only team having these problems either.

Too many projects and not enough computers... It's the story of my life...
    Last edited by Beerknurd; 03-12-2008 at 07:46 PM.

Do we try to catch Ars Technica whom is 55 million pts ahead or keep swapping 4th place with Team Norway? It's probably going to be a never ending battle with d2ol.

I'm in the same boat with you guys. I'm trying to reach a reasonable level amount (100,000) across as many of the bio/medical and physics projects that are out there -- BOINC or non-BOINC included. It seems that every day a new protein-folding project starts up or returns from hiatus. I would love to have the computing power of PoorBoy, Chris Icide, or Mitchell, and be able to hit that mark in less than a week, but it's not going to happen. Just need to plug along as best as we can...

I've stuck a machine on D2OL. Gotta help a little bit.
    Darkness isn't there, but you can't see through it

Quote Originally Posted by sentient_life View Post
    I would love to have the computing power of PoorBoy, Chris Icide, or Mitchell, snip ...
    It wouldn't matter if you did.

Speaking from experience, I think having more systems than many people causes a fair amount of frustration as everyone wants you to spend some time crunching "their" favorite project. So you never have enough power to take care of everything everyone wants plus what you want yourself. So it's a never ending loop.

ARS may be ahead of us in some projects, but we are ahead in others. Team-wise we can have our "favored" projects, however that only works to a degree as people are still only going to crunch what they really want to except for short bursts such as with the monthly pushes/races.

Same goes for Team Norway too, they may presently be averaging more than us in d2ol, but the sure aren't in several other projects. Best thing really is to just let people crunch what they want and are happiest with as that keeps them crunching. As a team we just have to recognize that we aren't going to be on the top in everything. Even DPC has limits!

No biggie really as it's just the way the cookie crumbles.

Also, in case nobody noticed, despite our best efforts to hold them off, Team Norway is more than doubling, and TeAm Anandtech more than tripling our daily credits in Poem@home, but we did take a spot from Crunchers Inc

Oh, I will surely be jumping back on POEM, but I'm waiting for the race at the end of the month that vaio organized.

yeah ill be back on poem when this push starts

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast