Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Majestic - 12

I'm there with ya. Just started up a week ago. I should have joined up a long time ago, with how fast the "credits" come. Haven't noticed any CPU hit, so it's running synchronous with BOINC. I'd like to run it as fast as possible. It's currently set to use 90% of my 5MB downstream, 60 async workers, and 20 open URL buckets. Any other tweaks to get going a bit faster?

Well, I have found that a CPU designed for servers works much more effeciently than other types (I swapped out my multi-media AMD 3800+ dual core with an AMD 185 Opteron about 15 months ago and got about a 7 to 8 fold increase in crawling productivity - even though the board manufacturer said the board wasn't designed for the Opty).

I'm no expert at tweaking the MJ-12 settings, so the best I can suggest is reading their boards. Somehow I went from 3 million URLs/day down to 2.5 million or less after a system restart several months ago. I've tried several tweaks since then, but have not been able to return to my previous output. Reading my MJ-12 log I'm getting quite a few errors, so it looks like I need to go study up on the boards a bit myself to see if I can fix whatever problem my system is having.

Looks like junkbuster, who was our team's #2 in total output has left us for the Dutch Power Cows.

Now they'll gain on us that much more quickly. Ouch!

For some reason I'm getting a ton of DNS errors with the client. After moving to KY, this ISP just doesn't seem to like crawling sites as much as my previous location.

I can still use majestic 12, but I dont know how my university will react when they discover I've already downloaded 500gb of data.. thats why I've shut down the client

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Lux View Post
    Looks like junkbuster, who was our team's #2 in total output has left us for the Dutch Power Cows.

Now they'll gain on us that much more quickly. Ouch!
    Well i don't know why he changed!! he is not @ our forum i think

But we welcome him to the Dutch Power Cows

May the grass be greener on our fields

Quote Originally Posted by [NGS]Cpt00Kirk View Post
    Well i don't know why he changed!! he is not @ our forum i think

But we welcome him to the Dutch Power Cows

May the grass be greener on our fields
    your grass is just littered with cheese, cheeseheads! (het alom bekende "kaaskoppen" in België)

After all this time, we were finally able to figure out what was causing so many DNS errors and other problems browsing the internet. The NAT Filter was enabled on the router. It wasn't the ISP's fault for once. I've turned the Majestic-12 client back on, and it's back to normal -- 90% successes!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345