Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Majestic - 12

Got it installed and finally got it working so it will only crunch at night between 12 and 9.

I'll keep an eye on it to see what happens. Max of 1Gb a day crawling...If it ever gets to that.

Installed a new printer/fax/all-in-one unit early this week. As per the directions I installed the unit in-line with the DSL before it gets to my modem, in order for the fax to work. It has about killed my speed. I'll try troubleshooting the issue this weekend, and may have to forget the fax and hook it up to one of the ports on my router. Until I get it fixed it's a really slow crawl in MJ-12 for me.

Then again, if BOK finds out that some of the top scores credited to our team in the FreeDC site stats are from folks that aren't actually on our team - we'll be off the radar scope anyhow. (Yes, I know he reads this - but it should be fixed anyhow)

Good news for MJ-12'ers;Between the new version (v1.6.0) and Norton's 2008 it seems we can do a bit more work now. I've been able to crawl about 1.5 million URL's per day for the last two days - since upgrading both, and I'm still not done tweaking the settings for my max output. Happily, Norton's (2008) isn't such a resource hog any more - which helps significantly, and also increases my average Proteins output (look out PoorBoy).

Evil-Dragon and junkbuster better up their output, I'm less than 200 million URL's behind you.

(Perhaps a little junk-talking can go a long way?)
    Last edited by Steve Lux; 04-17-2008 at 08:27 PM. Reason: 'Cause I wanted to.

Welcome to the MJ-12 party Backwar. Majestic-12 isn't a very popular project, so your help here is greatly appreciated.

Waving at Evil-Dragon as I zoom by.

Keep going junkbuster - I'm coming after ya!

Heheh, Steve's on a roll! Keep on going!

And thanks to Anih coming back and helping with some superior output we may actually be able to stay in the top 10. The Powerful Cows from the Netherlands have really started to show their power in MJ-12.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Lux View Post
    And thanks to Anih coming back and helping with some superior output we may actually be able to stay in the top 10. The Powerful Cows from the Netherlands have really started to show their power in MJ-12.
    yeah one of them has 100 mbit cable with unlimited download and upload. it costs 20 euros there. we have to pay 45 euros for 10 mbit with 12gb download limit (which I will break if the q6600 is able to connect when its finished wu's only on primegrid!)

I am running Einstein @ Home at full speed on both of my system's Opteron 185 cores (and play WoW) and it seems to have no adverse effect on MJ-12 running with max 80 crawlers and a max of 40 open buckets. I'm not using anywhere near that much though as my system won't seem to use more than about 75% - 80% of my ISP's rated capacity. Still, the Opterons being server processors, seem to be able to handle communications based applications far better (~8 times better) than the old 3800+ dual core that initially came with my system.

Was gone on vacation for 9 days. Left my "confuser" on (Bender10's term). Came back to see some old MJ-12 crawlers back in action. A few more heavy hitters, or several more not as heavy hitters and we might be able to take back our placement from Team Haiku.

In any instance; I'm aiming for a billion URL's crawled. Anyone else want to join in the chase?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast