Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Chris' Thread

I was in Subs for 6 years on a boomer and cannot claim to know of any guys who were gay - happy yes, but not gay.

If you can disable "halt on error" that should allow you to boot w/o video.

If I'm stating the obvious, just ignore me...
    Logic is the art of being wrong with confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Bender10 View Post
    If you can disable "halt on error" that should allow you to boot w/o video.
    NO, actually that is quite helpful. I had totally forgotten about that option.

In a cornfield about 35 miles east of St. Louis
    Works and I found today that you can remove a vid card from a running machine and it still works lol
    Me transmitte sursum, caledoni!

I am totally against political jokes....I've seem to many of them elected!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bender10 View Post
    Hmmm, maybe 2 went for a walk and 1 came back....
    Nope. I'm still alive, and crunching away on Eon (whatever happened to Vaughan?), PI Segment and RC5-72. I was away visiting a Ren Fair over the weekend. I was still reading my email, but not posting (posting from a phone just doesn't sound fun).
    Quote Originally Posted by gatekeeper53 View Post
    Nope I see Peter right now. Peter we can start you your own thread too if you like. lol
    No need. Look at my post count. I read what's available and don't have much to say. I don't have the time to come over here too often, as I'm currently SWAMPED with work.

The only reason I'm the team founder (DON'T call me the leader) is that I had the patience and time to start the team when the connection was all screwed up, back in January. I'm not especially active (still under 3K score as of this post) in the project, and only have two systems (P4/3.0 & dual 246) running it.

In a cornfield about 35 miles east of St. Louis
    Always good to have you. I well remember the earthquake troubles. 1/2 Tfp huh lol Good luck with that. Flawed is doing well I see. Come back any time. Oh yea Vaughan was business traveling also this last week.
    Last edited by vaughan; 03-30-2007 at 11:34 AM.
    Me transmitte sursum, caledoni!

I am totally against political jokes....I've seem to many of them elected!!

Always good to have you. I well remember the earthquake troubles. 1/2 Tfp huh lol Good luck with that. Flawed is doing well I see. Come back any time. Oh yea Vaughan was business traveling also this last week.
    Yeah I was interstate for a few days then had plenty of work with follow-ups and reports to write.

Got the parts for another cruncher now - guess what I'll be doing this weekend?

eOn ... I remember doing some of those tasks occasionally maybe I'll go back to it when the Pi gauntlet has been won by AMD Users on the other hand I'd like to break a million in BOINC Riesel Sieve.

I well remember the earthquake troubles.
    I live in San Diego. Please don't tempt the EQs.
    Come back any time.
    From what I've read, this forum concentrates on CPU performance. My concentration for the past few years has been on I/O performance, especially disks and arrays, but some networking also. The largest system I've built is 13.5TB, but there's a 15TB system in the queue (sizes after RAID-6). In the next few months, I hope to get to play with some 10GBE networking.

Drop by Ars and look in the Other Hardware forum, and you'll see a lot of my posts.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234