Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chris' Thread

according to the pisegment stats he/she has 50 devices

i'm gonna go hide and cry

I am trying to contact him, but the question remains who is he and how do I find him in this vast world of DC-ing/anonymous playing field? If you find an email or real name give me a shout via PM, thanks. Oh if he is German - I don't speak German? English Only sorry !

You might also want to look at someone named marc, lain, I like monkeys, mippe, Frankenstein, Powell, Boiler, timhudson, pinback, doolittle, cheapy_mccheapskate, Polyscience, and Bomb20 - no Team so far, all crunching in the top 125 ! If your good at searching for people on the net here you go this is one place to start making any Team top dog ! Recruit the non team Pi Segment players into your Team!

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

Hey! This is supposed to be my thread, not about a bunch of noobs who aren't on teams (yet)!

Quote Originally Posted by gatekeeper53 View Post
    Gay? I had to go back and re-read everything and I still don't see a gay reference. If you mean:"Hmmm, maybe 2 went for a walk and 1 came back...." Then I'm sure he was talking about the take over of leader of the group and that you had taken Peter for a walk and done away with him.
    I see your point. This is probably what Bender10 was trying to say as well. I thought you said, though, that you were prior military. This expression is rather well-known (in the Navy at least) as a reference to submariners becoming gay on their long, lonely deployments with no communications outside the boat. Anyway....

Bender10 - thank you for keeping me humble. I need reminders from time to time.

Oh, and for a video card, I am doing fine with my Radeon 9700 Pro with VGA Silencer 2 fan set on low.

I thought about getting an X800 to max out my AGP, but other priorities have taken precedence. Now that I have an AMD rig and I like working with them again (how many cores did you crack back in the days?), I am targeting an X2 for my next upgrade when the X4 comes out and pries plummet.

Speaking of video cards, though... I have an X300 in my server. It's a hair too long in that it covers part of the NB HSF. I want to replace that HSF with a Zalman. Outside of a hacksaw, any ideas? What about an el cheapo, really short PCIe video card?

In a cornfield about 35 miles east of St. Louis
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that explains it!!! Your NAVY. And here I had my opinion of you well above a swabby. No wonder your sensitive about gay comments they explained to us in boot camp they we had to be nice to you guys because you spent so much time out on a boat that you got in the habit of taking turns dropping the soap in the shower. LOL As for the military part yup Marine can ya tell? lol
    Me transmitte sursum, caledoni!

I am totally against political jokes....I've seem to many of them elected!!

Oh'hell here we go...
    I’m Dangerously Under Medicated!!!

In a cornfield about 35 miles east of St. Louis
    No Opteron, LOL In the Navy and Marine Corps one of the first things you learn is to give the other service crap. But, if you get a bar full of Navy, Marine Corps and Army, the Army will have a bad day EVERY time. Been there and done that.
    Me transmitte sursum, caledoni!

I am totally against political jokes....I've seem to many of them elected!!

Oh I know...
    I have a uncle that was a lifer in the Navy and my cousin (his son)
    became a Jar-Head as he calls him...
    I'll tell you this, get those 2 together a few beers and OMG you'll have tears of laughter before long...
    The really cool thing about them is no matter how far they go they never really get mad @ each other... They are fun to be around...
    I’m Dangerously Under Medicated!!!

Depends on what you need. Crunch? I'm moving away from video cards to on-board video for crunching, then I run headless. If this is for an existing cruncher, go find a 32-64 Mb pcie card for $20-$40. These won't have a fan and should be a bit shorter.

I don't have a spare in the shop now, or i'd give you a measurement. No guarantee. Measure the space you have and the check locally. If you find something, see if they will let you measure it.

Oh yeah, I'm still running a X850XT in my older gamer, smokin card...
    Last edited by Bender10; 03-28-2007 at 07:09 PM.
    Logic is the art of being wrong with confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by gatekeeper53 View Post
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that explains it!!! Your NAVY. And here I had my opinion of you well above a swabby. No wonder your sensitive about gay comments they explained to us in boot camp they we had to be nice to you guys because you spent so much time out on a boat that you got in the habit of taking turns dropping the soap in the shower. LOL As for the military part yup Marine can ya tell? lol
    Actually, I was an airdale on active duty. I had it made, I just wasn't smart enough to realize it when I had a lousy supervisor. So I got out angry. You have no idea the hell we went through because of Tailhook! 8 years later I came back in the reserves as an IT. Messed up my knees, now I am on IRR waiting to get out. It's a shame, too. I have 10 years in.

I'm thinking about applying for disability to see what that would do.

Bender10 - I was on a budget so I took what I could get. If this had onboard video I'd be running it. This is my server, not a farm machine. Sure I can RDP in, but I dunno if this will boot without video. I'd switch the board to mine and get another for the server, but that would still leave my PC with the same issue. I only paid $15 for the X300, so I'll probably just run it until the NB HSF dies. I just wanted to quiet it down and not have to worry about it later.

Can you disable in bios "halt on errors"???
    Last edited by Bender10; 03-28-2007 at 10:23 PM.
    Logic is the art of being wrong with confidence.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast