Thread: CompUSA

CompUSA

I went in today and saw Vista Ultimate for $259 with 50% off. I was VERY tempted to buy it - in fact there's 8 days to go so I might go back on Friday and see if they've reduced them more.

I went in to CompUSA a few weeks ago.... The prices weren't any lower than online prices. CompUSA has always been super overpriced...

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    Microsoft is really shoving Vista on people. From what I heard some time ago they are even going to cancel support for XP soon.

And the few times I played with it I found it to be weak at best. Even if all the tens of thousands of bugs were corrected I would still rate it as bad. The sluggish moving Aero graphics, the security popus everytime I click something, the having to run stuff as admin when I myself already am machine admin, the new start menu... Just can't stand it.
    (Of course all of that can be deactivated... but then what you get is a buggy XP clone.)

I dont run aero and disabled the UAC(which is the part of vista the irratates people) !!!

I'll stick with XP then

Yeah xp pwns vista.I have linux on here to so if windows gets ****** up I can still do stuff online.Also windows is code stolen from apple so i personally hate bill gates for that Stupid man got all his money from stealing from a company ;(

HAHA

I do laugh at the UAC. It's whats linux has been doing for years. IMHO, linux does it better as well. UAC is annoying, whereas having to run a command as sudo isn't to bad.

From my recollection Micro$oft has a history of stealing code. Since its inception with DOS it has been deceptive. In the very begining it claimed having code that it didn't even own and there is case after case of documented issues where they have been sued.

Likely if you looked at the code of the majority of their products at their inception you could trace it back to the work of others. Some examples would be Stac Electronics (disk compression), Alta Vista (search utility), Borland (database code for Access), Giant (antispyware), Alcatel-Lucent (MP3 audio technology), Apple, Xerox,... The list goes on and on.

Many companies steal from each other, but Micro$oft is the Robber-Barron of the software industry - and quite successful at it.