Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Hydrogen@Home (new BOINC project)

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    C++ is out of my reach unfortunately. I dwelve deep into Visual Basic and C# only.
    To be honest I've always been a Basic language fanboy and hate C/C++ to the core. I even dislike C# but have to work with it.
    I know C++ can do much more than other languages, but to me the extra features don't pay for the largely increased complexity.

New Information!!

I just recieved an email from Jack.

On 6/24/07, Jack Shultz <jackygrahamez@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks to all the poking and proding I have received from over 10 individuals for the past five weeks, I am finally opening this Project to testers. Keep in mind I am testing things sporadically and cannot say how much time I can dedicate to developement over the summer. If anyone is a developer, I would certainly appreciate help because I feel like an amature.

Right now, the project is down. I have signed up and created the team Vaughan. And of course the wu's will be sporadic and sparse for the near future (none have gone to the testers yeti).

You have to go to the Hydrogen site to join the project, because of the 'invite' code. (looks like Jack is a Fly fisherman...)
    Last edited by Bender10; 06-25-2007 at 08:04 PM.
    Logic is the art of being wrong with confidence.

Hydrogen@Home (new BOINC project)

I joined, Whoopee, another project to my superfluities !

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

Thanks Bruce,
    I'm in - still no work.

Got an error message during project initialization:
    6/26/2007 12:25:36 AM|Hydrogen@Home|Message from server: Project encountered internal error: shared memory

It's going to be a slow process. Jack is still in the developement stage. If you looked at the participants list, you can see he is still running 'Test' wu's on his account only.

He is looking for developement help, So I referred him to another project owner. Maybe he can get some tips from there. If anyone has a contact on the inside of a project (development), That might be helpful to Jack. BOINC does have a 'Develpoement' Forum. And Jack is getting some help there.

He also wanted to make sure everyone understands the risks of running a 'Test' project, and that it could cause bad things to happen to your computer. The normal warning. (He may want to contact you via email, I tried to reassure him we understood the hazards of 'Project Testing').

EDIT: I think he caved to outside pressure, and opened to users a little early... But that's ok. Be patient. He planned on opening for testing in the August/September timeframe. Let's see how it goes.
    Bender
    Last edited by Bender10; 06-25-2007 at 02:59 PM.
    Logic is the art of being wrong with confidence.

Dang, I don't have the Invite Code for the Hydro Project, I fired off an E-Mail to Jack, maybe if I grovel enough he'll give me 1 ...

Oh Please please please.... I'll do anything

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

I'm in, I must have Groveled just enough ...

I emailed him a sec ago ... now I await an answer

I'm in!
    Last edited by PcManiac; 06-26-2007 at 12:17 AM.
    If you can't make it ... Don't come!
    http://neogen.amdusers.com/contest2007/race4b.htm

Well I think I have enough testers. But what I really need help with is getting AutoDock4 to actually successfully turn workunits into results. I could give you a bunch of error codes if I may indulge you.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast