Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Hydrogen@Home (new BOINC project)

Holy Crap!! I didn't know these projects created that big a log file....

What about the accuracy settings for your calculations (too high?)? This may cause the wu to be dumped??

The time for the wu to run is REALLY high also (this should be a minor thing).
    Logic is the art of being wrong with confidence.

One other thing I should point out, if the work unit has a prefix w then I am running it with wrapper. (allows none boinc applications to run on BOINC)
    If I have it start with ad then I am running it as an ordinary boinc application. I think I am going down the path of a non-wrapper now because I see it partially runs now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bender10 View Post
    Holy Crap!! I didn't know these projects created that big a log file....

What about the accuracy settings for your calculations (too high?)? This may cause the wu to be dumped??

The time for the wu to run is REALLY high also (this should be a minor thing).
    My thinking is that is more an issue for validators, these error messages suggest this is not even getting to the validator because it does not complete its run.

One thing that came to mind is folder addressing (from an earlier error). If you have extra spaces in a destination or source??( boinc\rabbit \down_the\ hole) That would be caught when you complie right?

Or is that even a problem? EDIT: Naw, you would get a syntax error...

I'm at werk and I have to head home, or my wife will call out the secret service...then hit me with a rolling pin when I get home safe....
    Last edited by Bender10; 07-01-2007 at 07:24 PM.

Did you try to open the .fld file in Notepad?

Did you try to open the .fld file in Notepad?
    Yep

# AVS field file
    #
    # AutoDock Atomic Affinity and Electrostatic Grids
    #
    # Created by autogrid4.
    #
    #SPACING 0.375
    #NELEMENTS 40 40 40
    #CENTER 23.503 29.451 39.784
    #MACROMOLECULE 1pgp_rec.pdbqt
    #GRID_PARAMETER_FILE 1pgp.gpf
    #
    ndim=3 # number of dimensions in the field
    dim1=41 # number of x-elements
    dim2=41 # number of y-elements
    dim3=41 # number of z-elements
    nspace=3 # number of physical coordinates per point
    veclen=6 # number of affinity values at each point
    data=float # data type (byte, integer, float, double)
    field=uniform # field type (uniform, rectilinear, irregular)
    coord 1 file=1pgp_rec.maps.xyz filetype=ascii offset=0
    coord 2 file=1pgp_rec.maps.xyz filetype=ascii offset=2
    coord 3 file=1pgp_rec.maps.xyz filetype=ascii offset=4
    label=-affinity # component label for variable 1
    label=-affinity # component label for variable 2
    label=-affinity # component label for variable 3
    label=-affinity # component label for variable 4
    label=Electrostatics # component label for variable 4
    label=Desolvation # component label for variable 5
    #
    # location of affinity grid files and how to read them
    #
    variable 1 file=1pgp_rec.C.map filetype=ascii skip=6
    variable 2 file=1pgp_rec.HD.map filetype=ascii skip=6
    variable 3 file=1pgp_rec.OA.map filetype=ascii skip=6
    variable 4 file=1pgp_rec.P.map filetype=ascii skip=6
    variable 5 file=1pgp_rec.e.map filetype=ascii skip=6
    variable 6 file=1pgp_rec.d.map filetype=ascii skip=6

One thing that came to mind is folder addressing (from an earlier error). If you have extra spaces in a destination or source??( boinc\rabbit \down_the\ hole) That would be caught when you complie right?

Or is that even a problem? EDIT: Naw, you would get a syntax error...

I'm at werk and I have to head home, or my wife will call out the secret service...then hit me with a rolling pin when I get home safe....
    When I create_work for this workunit I use the physical name instead of any logical name. The Workunit has logical names for all the uploaded files. Could that be an issue? should I rename these files, for instance
    in2=1pgp_rec.maps.fld

Jack, Go into FlashChat...top of the page on the right.

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    Jack, I'm a software developer (VB.Net/C#) at the company where I work at, and spend at least half my time correcting bugs.

I've read through the thread but don't think I can't tell you anything you already don't know.
    The logs you posted don't actually show very well if everything is running ok or not. (Or at least not for me, most of my physics/chemistry was forgotten a long time ago)

The only advise I can give you from a fellow software debugger to another is to run the same workunit with the exact same configurations on both systems, the one running ok, and the one failing. Spread more log lines through the source code, specifically ones reporting key variables values and the value you expected to be there.
    With equal workunits on equal settings, the logs should be equal. The point where they start to differ is where you have to spread some breakpoints and debug it line by line. And then when you find the place that for some reason is getting wrong results, you have to backtrack in the code to see at what point did some variable had a value changed, that it shouldn't, and why.

That's all I can tell you without actually digging into the source code. But I'm sure you've already been doing all this alot lately.

Their Wu's are screwed up right now, I still have only managed to get 1 WU that actually processed. I think the problem is with the Downloads, most of the 1's I get Error out before their even fully Downloaded.

I also have a dozen or so that show as being on my PC's and waiting for return. But their not on my PC's, at least I can't find them if they are, I think I'll check the Slot's, maybe their hiding in them but have already erred out. Nope, their not in the Slot's either ...

This is what I got on the 1 that tried to Download yesterday:

<core_client_version>5.8.16</core_client_version><![CDATA[<message>WU download error: couldn't get input files:<file_xfer_error> <file_name>1pgp.dpf</file_name> <error_code>-200</error_code></file_xfer_error><file_xfer_error> <file_name>1pgp.dpf</file_name> <error_code>-200</error_code></file_xfer_error></message>]]>

It was set to 13 other people too, they all showed error's, so I wouldn't worry to much right now if their not running on your PC or PC's. More than likely there's nothing wrong with the PC, it's just the Wu's themselves that are screwed up ...
    Last edited by PoorBoy; 07-02-2007 at 12:16 PM.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast