Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Hydrogen@Home (new BOINC project)

Autodock not compiled correctly

Eric Meyers of Spy Hill thinks the build is wrong and the BOINC component needs to be enabled. I'm trying to figure that out on my MAC PowerPC.

Hello Jack,

I've been in and out all weekend (in the hospital then out..whew!). I saw your emails to Eric. I'm glad he is able to give you some advice. Looks like he has been down this road before. Maybe different bumps, same road.

Bender
    Logic is the art of being wrong with confidence.

Any time you want another tester ... feel free to add me.

Progress Report

Hi guys,

Aaron Pollock has gotten the AD4 compiled and running in Cygwin which is helpful. I had it briefly but for some reason the cygwin is not letting me run svn updates. Any event, we have linker errors on all platforms, we getting advice from many sources, but recently I got an email from a developer of AutoDock4 Garret Morris. He wanted more info on the problem, so I told him that strings is not detecting any boinc api. I just wrote him yesterday so I will see what he has to say. Thanks for your support.

Jack

Hello Jack,

Thanks for the update. I've been in and out of town lately. I am trying to keep up with your emails (I just came back from 4 days on the dark side of the moon...wireless reception...pah!).

I hope Mr. 'Autodock' has a solution for you.

Looks like BOINC developers are more than willing to help a fellow scientist out of a quagmire. Oh look, I can see the top of you hat!!

Looking Good!

I just recieved an email from Jack. It seems he has cleared out a few more bugs from the system.

Right now he has Windows wu's being generated slowly, but would still like OS X and Linux users to keep up the testing.

He must be another member of that conspiracy to get me to build an X2 Linux cruncher....%$^&#*
    Last edited by Bender10; 09-18-2007 at 06:55 PM.

It looks like Windoze wu's are being generated (but very slowly).

I just got 2 new wu's!!!!

One had a compute error, Drat!!
    Last edited by Bender10; 09-18-2007 at 06:53 PM.

WU Generator on H2@H

If you want to test you can generate WUs by signing in and clicking Make Work from the index.php. You have to compete with all the Windows platforms current. I could generate several WUs at once, but I want to write a sql querry to display them using the same style as a list of results, that way you can drill down to the results for each Workunit. I will work on that as soon as I figure out how to enhance the Wrapper application.

I need to re-write wrapper so you can direct command line tags to specific tasks in the job file. I am looking at the way wrapper parses the xml in the job file. Once I understand how that works I want to format an id for each task in the job file and get wrapper to accept command line like this:

-command_line -Task1="foo1 bar1" -Task2="foo2 bar2"

Hard to say how long it will take me to figure this out. Help is always welcome.

I had a couple of tasks run OK under Windows XP Pro SP2.

Under Xubuntu 7.04 I get this error message:

Sun 23 Sep 2007 16:16:46 EST|Hydrogen@Home|Incomplete read of 1364.000000 < 5KB for job.xml - truncating
    Sun 23 Sep 2007 16:16:46 EST|Hydrogen@Home|[file_xfer] Finished download of file job.xml
    Sun 23 Sep 2007 16:16:46 EST|Hydrogen@Home|[file_xfer] Throughput 3789 bytes/sec
    Sun 23 Sep 2007 16:16:46 EST|Hydrogen@Home|[error] Checksum or signature error for job.xml
    Sun 23 Sep 2007 16:16:47 EST|Hydrogen@Home|Deferring communication for 1 min 0 sec
    Sun 23 Sep 2007 16:16:47 EST|Hydrogen@Home|Reason: Unrecoverable error for result ad_070922021642_0 (WU download error: couldn't get input files:<file_xfer_error> <file_name>job.xml</file_name> <error_code>-200</error_code></file_xfer_error>)

and the tasks get a compute error.

Quote Originally Posted by jackygrahamez View Post
    If you want to test you can generate WUs by signing in and clicking Make Work from the index.php.
    Every time I make a new work unit it gets taken by other people before I can get to my BOINC client and hit update.

How about making it reserve a chance for the computer that created the unit to run/complete the work unit?

ps. Donation sent

http://hydrogenathome.org/donations.php

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast