Thread: APS@Home

In a cornfield about 35 miles east of St. Louis

APS@Home

Ok guys here's the scoop. We have a new project in the very beginning. We are only allowed 3 members at this time. Bender10 started it and I added a few days ago. What we need is someone that is running Linux to help out. At the moment we are the #4 team and that should improve today to #3. It's another climate prediction project. You are only given 5 wu's a day so it really won't interfer with whatever it is that you run normally. Dual processors are preferred (you get 10 wu's a day) also it's good to run 5.5.0 for the added points. So if any of you Linux types are up for about 5 or 10 hours a day it would help out a lot. ALSO the project owner has already stated that he won't reset the points when he goes public. If your intrested message Bender10 for the access code.

P.S. The owner runs Linux on his own machine so you should have a kindered spirit in case something goes wrong in the Linux app. And the more machines the merrier.
    Last edited by gatekeeper53; 05-27-2007 at 12:03 AM.
    Me transmitte sursum, caledoni!

I am totally against political jokes....I've seem to many of them elected!!

Any takers? Windoze or Linux. It does not matter. I was trying for a Linux box to help out the project. But, Windoze is fine (no Mac).

5 wu's a day PER CPU (10 for dual..etc.). Thats ~5 hours of work.

RUN AS MANY CPU'S AS YOU WANT.....
    Logic is the art of being wrong with confidence.

Operators Are Standing By...

Quote Originally Posted by Bender10 View Post
    Operators Are Standing By...
    I'll take it, I'm always up for another BOINC Project, that would give me Accounts @ 46 of them ...

I got a 2.4Ghz P4 on Linux for the taking if interested.

Sign me up! (or is Beam me up :D)

Hi Everyone,

I think we have 6 people signed up (maybe, I hope), which is over the quota I was given....

We will let everyone know asap when this project goes public.

According tio the project sponser. There are a few "interested" parties at his University (Manchester UK) watching this project. If this goes well, there MAY be 1-2 other projects in the making.

Oh, uni of Manchester? Just down the road from me whilst I'm at Uni...

Fingers crossed I can study some CFD next year and fingers crossed, I may try and get a fire modelling BOINC project going together but I'd need some help...

We are in 1'st Place, both RAC & Total Credits, it doesn't show in the Total Credits but we are there and it will show whenever they make the next Update to the Project Stats ... I can get back to my Regularly Scheduled Appointed Rounds now ...
    Last edited by PoorBoy; 05-30-2007 at 02:29 AM.

Thanks PoorBoy,

News from the ASP@Home Project:

May 31, 2007 Power cut
    The power cut that didn't happen last weekend now looks set to go ahead on Saturday 1 June. The server will go down, and may or may not power back up correctly. I'll get back to the office as soon as I can to restore power, but personal commitments mean it may be Monday morning ...