Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Things that make you go "Hmmm..."

Things that make you go "Hmmm..."

Running UniBlue's Registry Booster on their web site and finding 339 registry errors.

Running UniBlue's Registry Booster after purchasing it and finding + repairing 96 registry errors.

Running the purchased version a second time and finding no registry errors.

Going to UniBlue's web site and running their on-line version of Registry Booster again and finding 316 registry errors.

Running the purchased version of UniBlue's registry Booster again and finding no errors.

All in the same session on the same day. Hm....

Can you say....... SCAM!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Beerknurd View Post
    Can you say....... SCAM!!!!!!!!!!
    Ya, I don't put much Faith in any of the Software Registry Repairer's, they'd have you deleting the entire Registry fixing every thing they find wrong.

About the only thing I ever run to clean up the Registry is NTREGOPT, I've never had a problem letting it do it's own thing & it's all Automated. Other than that I just manually delete things from the Registry that I know doesn't belong there.

Usually after I Un-Install a Program I'll do a Registry Search for any Items pertaining to that Program and get rid of them, and in the process any other things I see that don't belong in the Registry anymore. Un-Installed Programs have a nasty Habit of leaving a lot of garbage behind in the Registry, some of them anyway ...

Probably the next virus I need to get rid of is Norton's. That darn CCPROXY.EXE is a resource hog. It keeps crawling up from 2-5% the first day up to 75 - 80% in a week or two. Then I have to re-boot to get it back down again. Stupid, stupid, stupid. It practically locks down my computer.

EEK... I hate Norton and McAfee. I use AVG and have never had a problem...

I use Windows Registry Repair Pro it cost 9.99 from 3B software and have never had a problem with it... After a fresh Windows XP install on the norm it will clean out 5 to 6 hundred useless reg strings... It's cheap in cost only I highly recomend...
    I’m Dangerously Under Medicated!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Lux View Post
    Probably the next virus I need to get rid of is Norton's. That darn CCPROXY.EXE is a resource hog. It keeps crawling up from 2-5% the first day up to 75 - 80% in a week or two. Then I have to re-boot to get it back down again. Stupid, stupid, stupid. It practically locks down my computer.
    I quit using any Norton Products Years ago for the same reason, for 1 their Products are Resource Hogs like you say and another you can figure on Re-Installing the OS every 3 or 4 months once Norton gets done mucking it all up ...

I had a nice little discussion with Symantec the other day. They couldn't help me with my CCPROXY.EXE resource hogging issue. So I did the unthinkable.... I am now running on an XP clean boot - just for a while. This means there is no Anti Virus, no filters, no nothing extra running.

What happened to my crunching capacity? Well, Majestic-12 is crawling nearly twice as fast. and Cosmo went from 4.5 - 5 hours per WU down to 4 hours per WU.

I know it's just a matter of time before I get caught (I'm not even going to check e-mail or surf obscure web locations). But it sure is nice seeing what a system can do for a few days without having to have it overloaded with crap just because some morons out there like to be abusive.

Thats like skinny dipping in a public pool and wondering when someone will notice !

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

In a cornfield about 35 miles east of St. Louis
    I run several of my systems "bare". The only thing on them is Windoze and Boinc, or whatever project they happen to be running. If I have a problem I just format and reinstall Windoze.
    Me transmitte sursum, caledoni!

I am totally against political jokes....I've seem to many of them elected!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast