Thread: Hey - Big Whiskey

Hey - Big Whiskey

Since you have had some time to work the Spinhenge at Home project being Top Dog (Dragon in your avatar) and all, I figured who better to ask this question too.

I have been attempting to down load a lot of work units before the Big Race but to no avail, the project won't give up any more then 30 work units even if I set my connect to server to 10 days. Could you give myself and the others who are just joining this project some insight on the uniqueness of this project? ( Seriously you have no threat from anyone here you are so far out ahead of us, Great Job by the way ! ! )

This help would benefit all of us in making our way through the game strategy of next week, thanks in advance!

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

I not sure why it would limit you to 30 WU's, your daily quota is the same as mine 75/day

I'm guessing it has to do with Bionc
    how much disk space have you allowed in your perfernces

Bionc has short term and long term debt that may limit the number of downloads, if it figures you won't be able to return the work before the deadline

In Bionc manager compare the CPU Time of completed unit to the time To Completion of a unit that hasn't run yet. They should be within a couple of minutes of each other.

there is tweak to boinc to fix it if it's out by alot found here http://amdusers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2781
    just look for Spinhenge project

Right now I just racking up the pending credits waiting for everyone else to join in

Quote Originally Posted by Big Whiskey View Post
    Right now I just racking up the pending credits waiting for everyone else to join in
    Me too

Mwah ha ha ha

Hey - Big Whiskey

I am trying to horde some Work Units and then dump then when NeoGen says OK, Problem is the hording can't take place with so few Work Units.

Big Whiskey thanks for the help, I checked the General Preferences throughly and found nothing restricting my capabilities.. I suppose even reseting the project didn't help so phooey on me !

I will just have to crunch the project without hording after all, it was just an idea!

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

Hording?

Quote Originally Posted by Nflight View Post
    I am trying to horde some Work Units and then dump then when NeoGen says OK, Problem is the hording can't take place with so few Work Units.

Big Whiskey thanks for the help, I checked the General Preferences throughly and found nothing restricting my capabilities.. I suppose even reseting the project didn't help so phooey on me !

I will just have to crunch the project without hording after all, it was just an idea!
    Nflight,
    Are we supposed to horde the results and then dump them at NeoGen's say so? So that is why I am getting so many pendings! I don't know about you but, I am downloading about 50 WUs' at a time on each of my 3 computers. I have 4 but it is an Intel. Not worth mentioning! lol! Is there some things I need to know about this race?

tek182

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    Tek, the dump is only so you can get a boost start on day 1 of the race.
    In the following days you'll have to keep crunching or else be overtaken.