Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AMDuser newbie gets top ranking?

Talking AMDuser newbie gets top ranking?

I was sitting at work once and once again looking for a multithreaded D2OL client (okay, after a year of both Intel and AMD shipping dual-core processors you'd think they'd be on top of this...) and discovered this whole D2OL team thing. So I thought, "I'm an AMD employee... why not join the AMD user team?"

I've got one core of my desktop machine running D2OL continuously and my home machine runs D2OL too. When D2OL finally takes advantage of multicore processors you'll have both of my cores running during nights and weekends at all hours, and whatever I can spare on my home machine.

I was really surprised to find I'd made it to the top of the contributor list with just my work node.

Digging through the archives I guess D2OL did some things that scared people away, which I thought was interesting. My CPDN units crashing all the time is what drove me to D2OL. Turned out I'd been crunching a lot of known bad workloads.

Oddly the other stat sites haven't picked me up yet, and it's been a couple of days.

With the amount of work you're putting out they're probably still counting the WU's... Welcome and thanks again for joining us we really needed the help in D2OL and TSC...
    I’m Dangerously Under Medicated!!!

Welcome cputrdoc

The only multi threading client out that I know of is Folding at Home. They have SMP client for Linux and Windows

Hello cputrdoc, Great to have you here.
    I'm an AMD employee...
    Cool, Can you do all of us AMDuser's a Big, BIg, BIG favor
    Find out who is not letting Barcelona out the door and kick him.
    I've been needing one or two for sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long

P.S. The kicking thing is just a joke!
    Last edited by daddygeek; 06-04-2007 at 06:36 AM.
    If pro is opposite of con, then what is the opposite of progress?
    Congress!

AMDuser newbie gets top ranking?

Quote Originally Posted by cputrdoc View Post
    So I thought, "I'm an AMD employee... why not join the AMD user team?"

Oddly the other stat sites haven't picked me up yet, and it's been a couple of days.
    Welcome to the Team there cputrdoc; nice to make your acquaintance. Most of us here at AMD Users love our machines and would not part with them no matter what. Look around the forum and laugh a little we do like to have some fun along with learning how to get our machines to perform at there best! (Seeing that we already know AMD's are better then Intel in most cases) sure would be nice in all cases!

Welcome aboard <= Sounds like we are on a sailing vessel ? Chips Ahoy, no that's a cookie!

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

We pillage, we plunder, we rifle and loot.
    Drink up me 'earties, Yo Ho!
    We kidnap and ravage and don't give a hoot.
    Drink up me 'earties, Yo Ho!

Yo Ho, Yo Ho! A cruncher's life for me.

oh ehh I meant welcome
    Last edited by Frederic Brillouet; 06-04-2007 at 07:22 AM.

Welcome CPUTRDOC to our merry band of AMD crunchers. Enjoy your stay and feel free to take part in the forum chat.....

That was funny Frederic, should we have a poetry corner?

EDIT. Scratch that last remark. We're all men here, hurrumph.
    Darkness isn't there, but you can't see through it

Good of you to join us and to represent your excellent product. You have a loyal fan base here. Feel free to invite your fellow co-workers. It would be great to see more AMD folks here to help us show the world what the best processors can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Lux View Post
    Good of you to join us and to represent your excellent product. You have a loyal fan base here. Feel free to invite your fellow co-workers. It would be great to see more AMD folks here to help us show the world what the best processors can do.
    AMEN mate!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast