Thread: PS3GRID new project ( Boinc)

PS3GRID new project ( Boinc)

PS3GRID is a volunteer computing project based on BOINC for full-atom molecular dynamics simulations and other scientific applications specially optimized for the Cell processor and the PlayStation3. Your contribution is very important because the Cell processor runs our Cell MD molecular dynamics software over an order of magnitude faster allowing to perform novel computational experiments.

PS3GRID is in BETA testing phase. If you own a PlayStation3 and wish to participate, please write to ps3grid@gmail.com to obtain an invitation code.

You must have Linux installed on the PS3. With Linux the PS3 becomes like a normal computer for browsing the net, writing documents and running BOINC. Follow these instructions if you need to install Linux (medium expert user).

http://www.ps3grid.net/PS3GRID/

News

June 5, 2007 Project skin. Project skin images are now showing in the client. Thanks to Dani at boinc.cat.
    May 29, 2007 Beta testing. Further workunits are available.
    May 26, 2007 Beta testing. First workunits for 1875 credits are being distributed.
    May 12, 2007 Beta testing. PS3GRID enters BETA testing phase. If you own a PlayStation3 and wish to participate, please write to ps3grid@gmail.com

Science: Molecular experiments

FORWARD-REVERSE STEERED MOLECULAR DYNAMICS

Potassium ion permeation in Gramicidin A
    We are giving workunits comprising full-atom simulations of gramidicin A for ion transport, a total of 30,000 atoms. Each workunit lasts less than one day and you have to complete it before a week otherwise the workunit is reassigned. Movie

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin

Oops

I did a search using our search tab on the green bar and nothing turned up, that is why I posted that ! Sorry Search must be off line, or FUBAR!

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...