Quote Originally Posted by Nflight View Post
    I am in and attached:
    Deferring communication for 1 min
    Reason: no work from project!
    over
    and
    over
    again !

P.S. does this make it 50 projects you have now PoorBoy?
    Actually 53 BOINC Projects I'm Attached now, I haven't done work for all of them though, for various reasons. They haven't gave work out on some of them yet, some are just dead in the water & may actually never send any work out, some are Linux only Projects so far ...

Probably about 45 of them I've done some WU's for ...

I was just wondering when a project like this would come..very fun!

Carl Von Linne was Swedish and catalogue and named many..many flowers, plants and so on..

He did a tremendous work!

I hope there will be a genome comparison to see if his theorys were right..

By the way his celebrates his 300 birthday this year!

HURRAY HURRAY HURRAY!
    Last edited by Bubben; 06-14-2007 at 01:53 AM.

A little bit of interesting history to read:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carolus_Linnaeus

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin
    In 1743-44, Linnaeus designed today's thermometer scale by reversing that invented by Anders Celsius (1701-1744)--originally 100 was the melting point of ice and 0 water’s boiling point
    I remembered something about that from school but if anyone had ever asked me who it was I would never have been able to tell them who when or why.

Thanks Bubben.
    . . . . . ___
    . . . . . . .\___/\______
    . . . . . . . \__AMD___\\__
    ---------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Bubben View Post
    I was just wondering when a project like this would come..very fun!

Carl Von Linne was Swedish and catalogue and named many..many flowers, plants and so on..

He did a tremendous work!

I hope there will be a genome comparison to see if his theorys were right..

By the way his celebrates his 300 birthday this year!

HURRAY HURRAY HURRAY!
    Thanks Bubben!

Linne is a foregin contryman to me and he is the "King of flowers" for us Swedes.

Lagu
    Once an AMDuser always an AMD user

Have any heard of the Swedish sailchip "Kalmar Nyckel" of Delaware as entuasiasts in USA builded from the ground after the old model. I think it was finished 2006 and is sailing carrying peoples as pay for it.

http://www.kalmarnyckel.org/

Did you know...

The original Kalmar Nyckel sailed from Sweden to the New World in 1638 leaving its passengers to establish the first permanent European settlement in the Delaware Valley, the Colony of New Sweden in present-day Wilmington, Delaware. She made a total of four roundtrip crossings of the Atlantic—more than any other ship of the era. Her first voyage to the New World left 24 settlers of Swedish, Finnish, German and Dutch descent in the Delaware Valley. Joining them was a black freedman who sailed from the Caribbean aboard her companion ship the Fogel Grip.

Of topic!

Quote Originally Posted by AMDave View Post
    I remembered something about that from school but if anyone had ever asked me who it was I would never have been able to tell them who when or why.

Thanks Bubben.
    AMDave, unfortunately Linne never reached Australia. I think he though it was a U-land, Seriously if he had been there he had got to see mych animals but I beleive not so very mych flowers and seed? I may be wrong but when I have watch documentary films from down under it has most been animals on the film.

I got some work for this today. 1 second WU's :S

Quote Originally Posted by Evil-Dragon View Post
    I got some work for this today. 1 second WU's :S
    I got 4 Wu's and shut off the Request for more, I don't see much point in running this Project unless you want to choke your Pc to Death with Downloads & Uploads.

From what I can see you have to Download a Ton of Files & then the Wu only runs for less than a second & then you have to Upload all those files again. Why some projects are even started is beyond me.

I have 0.02 Credits pending for the 4 Wu's and that's probably all I'll ever have until I see an improvement. The way the project is set up now all your going to be doing is taking System Resources away from the other projects that need them more than this Project does.

I was away fro several hours, upon returning I have 1300 Work Units and the bandwidth is choking my system. So you were right, until they fix this it is not worth running it!

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast