Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is this site legal?

ROMS is the copyright enforcement agency in Russia. They take the payments for royalties and then distribute them to the artists in question.

The "issue" (as some (read : RIAA) may say) is that ROMS does not charge as much as everyone else does, which is why we can get music so damn cheap! The RIAA would have you believe that the artists don't get anything, when in fact they do, it's just what ROMS believes they should get, not what they want.
    --
    Rob O

Also, Jeff, they do take credit cards, it's just kind of a backwards route to get there. Think I should repost the message I sent you?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Olson Sr
    You need to go to alltunes.com (the software frontend for allofmp3.com) and add money to your account from there.

Make sure you register at allofmp3 and then that same account info will work at alltunes.com.

BTW, AllTunes (the software frontend I mentioned) is a really good program. It gives you all the info you need about what is available and also is a download manager for allofmp3. Works great!
    --
    Rob O

I think I got it
    Computer Repair in Clarksville, TN
    http://ClarksvillePCRepair.com

So it's essentially legal under russian/international law but RIAA is probably going to try to get it down the same as allofmp3.com. Interesting, I found more info on downloading music here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12