Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Portugal1 is gaining on us

Quote Originally Posted by Ototero
    These machines are at work, but I got them through the firewall. They are communicating ok.

And they say they are registered
    My machine wasn't registered and I had to reinstall the software...It's a program bug.

OK, I've re-done that.

I'll check later to see if they are done.

p.s. Did you enjoy your time in the N-J forum :?:

Quote Originally Posted by Ototero
    p.s. Did you enjoy your time in the N-J forum :?:
    :signugh: :?: :?: :?:

I cant get it to work. I keep getting "Searching for route to SuperNode server..." Then it says ''Unable to locate route, will try again later..."

EDIT: Nevermind, found whats the problem.

Server maybe down or no work available. lol. - However just checked mine and they seem to be chugging along.

gamer007 you sometimes get that message. I usually do a some PC maintenance like Disk Cleanup, Adaware, Spybot Search and Destroy and Defrag then re-boot of Windows and let ChessBrain try to connect again. If the first instance of the peernode client starts to get work, I start multiple instances of CB by clicking on the cbpncli.exe file in C:\Program Files\ChessBrain DeskTop\cbpncli.exe (I have a desktop shortcut now).
    I start these, as em99010pepe suggested at approx 30s intervals. I usually run 8 (favourite number) but have tried 24 without problems. I change them from 'idle' to 'below normal' using IARSN's TaskInfo2002.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerknurd
    Tomorrow i'm getting a gateway 800mghz P3 from my parents. I will probably download 2000 files and take it offline. It probably won't have internet access for a while. But even if it only pumps out 80 a day it will help a little....
    I got my gateway hooked up today and damn is it slow. Compared to my P4 this thing freakin crawls.... 800mhz compared to 3.4ghz is a huge diffrence. But I have it offline with 2000 downloaded. I will upload them once I get enough processed. But at this rate it will be about 3 weeks... LOL. Damn this thing is slow......

Portugal's gaining again. At least I'm 15th now.

We only need a couple more PCs on this and we can hold them off. It only uses about 40Kb of RAM and only connects on average 1 in 3 minutes, when it does its only for a few seconds, traffic / bandwidth usage is low. When it is processing it sucks all CPU cycles but only briefly.
    Please help.

OK

I'll put some back on it. :thumbleft:

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678