Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself

welcome to the team sgtsampay

Welcome aboard sgtsampay!

Cool

Hilo folks - I had heard about AMDusers.com for a while, but only just recently found the time to stop by. Plonk420 is a real life friend of mine (*waves*) and I've been an avid AMD user since the K5 days. I've built every computer I've used, and I've always found an AMD chip to suit my needs. I currently fly high with a Phenom 9950 O/c'd to 3.0 GHz with some mushkin DDR2-1066 on my Gigabyte MA790GP-DS4H motherboard. I run a home server with an X2 4600, my brother uses an X2 6000, and mom plays WoW on her X2 4200. Everyone in the house uses a GeForce 8800 GTS in some fashion (Mom has the 320 MB, brother has the 512 MB) and I'm using a Radeon HD 4870.

I used to be pretty active in the DC space, often competing with teams at Maximum PC and AMDZone as Opterongeek / Indigo.

I'm a systems analyst, working for a satellite company and I enjoy going to movies, building and tinkering with my own systems, listening to the wicked music Plonk manages to send me from time to time, and I've recently become engrossed with my new Nintendo Wii and playing Freelancer to fill the time. I'm also into creating machinima, my most common types either being WoW related, or games (often BF2). I'll give you my YouTube ID's upon request. ;)

I used to be an AMD reseller, and I purposefully park my car in highly visible spots so that I can use my AMD sun shade, even in the middle of winter. And at night. I'm shameless really. ;)

Hi y'all ;)
    Last edited by Indigo; 12-27-2008 at 09:40 PM.

welcome to the team indigo, did you have to use epp setting to get your ram running at 1066 mhz or is it running at 800mhz ?

Welcome to the team Indigo. Nice to have someone with your AMD reseller experience on board. Enjoy yourself and get those machines crunching. There are lots of DC projects out there so feel free to join as few or as many of them as you like.

I set the speed myself and upped the voltage to 2.1v to get it stable. Call me old fashioned, but I micromanage every aspect of my system. ;)

I haven't done DC due to energy concerns, and the sheer number of systems in my bedroom overloads the single electical outlet in here. I need a serious re-wiring. It worked great when my fastest system was a 2 GHz, but now with a quad and several dual cores... the plug at the wall gets warm.

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    You don't sleep in that bedroom you mentioned, do you Indigo?
    I can imagine the noise level of the quad and dual cores all together in chorus.

I do, actually.

Introduce Yourself

NeoGen it is probably like the wind ensemble of an orchestra !

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo View Post
    I need a serious re-wiring. It worked great when my fastest system was a 2 GHz, but now with a quad and several dual cores... the plug at the wall gets warm.
    Don't take the risk Indigo. I got an extra power circuit installed for my computer room and the air conditioner is on its own separate circuit too. Its not worth a catastrophic fire all for trying to save a few bucks on getting an electrician in to do a re-wire. Your life and your family's lives are worth much more than any silly computer.

Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast