Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself

Hello AMD users...

my name is Chris, i'm a German but live in Belgium.
    My first PC was a Pentium I.. but everything after that was build by my self and powered by AMD
    At the moment i use a Phenom II x4 with a HD6970 and a second (BOINC) machine with a Athlon x2 with a HD5770.
    I think next year there will come a AMD octacore... :-p

I start crunching Seti classic in 2000 and 2005 if Boinc comes i start also Einstein and CPDN. But than i get some trouble with the Boinc client and stop crunching.... i forget all this stuff.
    2010 suddenly i get a e-mail from Seti with question for donation.. and i remember my old account and Boinc. I just finished the Phenom machine, so i try again
    Some days later i was infected again. ))

I hope here in this Team i meet some nice people to talk with.... some other teams are really boring.

Greetz
    Chris

@admin: How can i edit my signature ? There is no "save" button :-p

Hi Chris,

I had a headstart compared to you: my first -and only newly bought- PC was a 386SX-25, with an AMD doing the work. Been building my own PC's ever since, but not always with AMD. My first Super Socket 7 system had to do for a few months with an IDT WinChip 225, before I did my best upgrade ever: to an AMD K6III-400, that I always ran@450Mhz. I also started with Seti Classic, but back in 1998 under an IBM account. When the work at IBM stopped I went on under my own acount and sought for another team, ending up with AMD Users.
    The "save" button should be in the right lower corner of the screen where you can edit your signature, but there is a chance that it works in all browers except IE
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 11-03-2011 at 12:43 AM. Reason: WinChip, not Winchip. see e.g. Wikipedia (who would have been the last editor?)

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    Welcome to the Team Chris

You just joined the forums of one of the biggest distributed computing teams in the world, but don't let that scare you, we are just a bunch of friendly folks over here with a increasingly expensive hobby.
    I too started on the classic SETI@Home client a long time ago, and it was fun days! lol I remember I even created my own team (with only myself as member) there before I came across AMD Users.
    Make yourself at home and if you got any questions don't hesitate and ask away.

EDIT: By the way... I'm Portuguese and live in the USA
    Last edited by NeoGen; 11-03-2011 at 06:31 AM.

Hey another Belgian (from Germany but that doesn't matter )! Where do you live mate? I am from Tongeren, don't know if you know where that is

Quote Originally Posted by Frederic Brillouet View Post
    Hey another Belgian (from Germany but that doesn't matter )! Where do you live mate? I am from Tongeren, don't know if you know where that is
    Hoi Frederic, i hear from Tongeren but wasn't there jet. I live only 30 km away from you, in Houthalen I work in Opglabbeek.
    Greetz,
    Chris

That isn't far away indeed Nice avatar you have, Half Life 2 player I presume (amongst others probably)

Yes i love HL2 ... last shooter i play was Metro 2033, but last time my PC's are always running up to 100% he he he so there isn't much time to play.
    At the moment i have a Playstation and are very busy to race Grant Turismo 5
    Greetz,
    Chris

Haha, me too, my playstation is at my student home though and I am at home now. Might collect it next week when I go pick up some study material. GT5 is only the second game I have on my playstation 3 since I bought it in 2008, the other one is GTA4. What level are you at? My A-spec is at level 32 and B-spec is at level 40. Only 2 championships left to race in B-spec then I have gold in all races there. A-spec I still need to do 1 race on the professional level, 3 races on the experienced level and 5 or 6 endurance races. Haven't done any of the license tests yet

I'm Aspec level 34 and Bspec ? 12 ? but Bspec is to boring for me. I more race online with other "oldies"
    Greetz,
    Chris

B-spec can get boring, but if you have 1 really good driver you can just let him drive a race (endurance ones are very handy for this) while you go to work or watch TV with the wife, etc. Can't race online at my student home alas, the necessary ports have been blocked

Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast