Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627

Thread: Introduce Yourself

Hi BluWolf

As AMDave said, keeping the stats up-to-date is a bit of a 'mare. The various stats pages keep changing their format (even slightly).
    I've updated my stats to bring in your details. Only Milkyway isn't playing fair. Somehow, their site is preventing my macros/screen scrapes from working. What's the bloody point of a stats site if you can't get the details off it!

I run my updates once day, usually in the evening (GMT). If something else isn't right, just say
    Darkness isn't there, but you can't see through it

Quote Originally Posted by NeoGen View Post
    I remember the good old days when BOINC didn't exist and a quad-core CPU was something to drool for
    I remember drooling on a computer fair at the Amsterdam RAI before an IBM PC Server 704, with four Pentium Pro CPUs, back when quad-core meant four CPUs on one mobo.
    It was within my budget, but impossible to transport...I was by train.
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 12-15-2018 at 07:55 AM.

i only dabbled a bit for a few days at first when SETI ran at DOS (Windows?) commandline. a bit more with the SeventeenOrBust custom UI. and i think WCG was my first project i ran longer term using their non-BOINC app, too. wanna say it was their weather simulation at first.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Broer View Post
    I remember drooling on a computer fair at the Amsterdam RAI before an IBM PC Server 704, with four Pentium Pro CPUs, back when quad-core meant four CPUs on one mobo.
    It was within my budget, but impossible to transport...I was by train.
    Funny to look back at all that expensive hardware. My family runs a print shop and my parents bought a machine that made film back in 1989 that was pretty revolutionary at the time. It came with a few Macintosh computers for desktop publishing and 19" monitors. The package of equipment cost hundreds of thousands of dollars, which was actually a lot back then. lol I remember getting to play some games on those big 19" monitors and being just giddy. The monitors alone cost almost $5,000.

My dad's first computer was a Tandy Model I and we still have it along with dozens of newer Tandy Computers that we just wrapped up and stuck in the basement at work when we retired them. Just thinking about them brings back so many fond memories of reading computer mags and drooling about the newest computer to come out.

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627