Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself

Hiya DD, thanks for the welcome and admitting you know me!!

I didn't realise you crunched here now.
    DC Prostitute - I crunch for anyone!!

no worries ady

i am still on dial up and i don't want to change anything in regards to projects since i have very limited bandwidth supposedly am supposed to get adsl2+ on Friday so i wouldn't even consider myself to be able to help till then

yeah i am crunching here now since i made a new years resolution and changed teams which has been good for me since i am a lot happier now with this team (wife has made numerous comments to this effect)

You should always crunch where your happiest Jacob, so I can understand why you made the change - being on dial up must be a pain though, so I hope you get that ADSL connection sorted.

Hiya all,

Good to see ya DD.

Greetings chaps

Good to see more familiar names here

hiya mike, how you doing
    are you still running at 45 to 50% due to power bill ? or you got some solar panel and wind turbines to offset your power bill ? sorry had to be asked

Quote Originally Posted by Danish Dynamite View Post
    hiya mike, how you doing
    are you still running at 45 to 50% due to power bill ? or you got some solar panel and wind turbines to offset your power bill ? sorry had to be asked
    I am at about 80-85% now[about 200Ghz+/-]. I use the heat from the computers to stay warm. I have not paid for home heating in over 4 years

Multi-purpose rigs

Adywebb, Welcome to the party. I read mention of your willingness to work on any project and a preference for medical / biological research. I thought I would simply take the opportunity to mention to the team that we have been unsucessfully trying to hold off Team Norway in Folding@Home. They will be passing us in a few weeks at the present rate. I only have my PS3 on that project (bought specifically for that project - btw), but the PS3 version doesn't seem to store WUs and I have been having internet connection issues lately (Just look at my MJ-12 stats to verify that).

BTW Adywebb, You'll notice from my signature box that I also prefer to run medical / biological research projects.
    Last edited by Steve Lux; 02-03-2008 at 12:37 PM.

Thanks for the welcome Steve - I have done F@H in the past prior to the introduction of the PS3 client and it is a very worthy project, however these days to have a chance of competing as a team you really need to be running it on PS3's or you have no chance.

In what projects can AMD Users make the most gains, or are under the most threat?

Edit: Just been updating myself on F@H since I was last there, and seems I may be wrong about the PS3 having an advantage, and in fact the SMP client scores better....is that the case? - its been a long time since I ran F@H and alot seems to have changed.
    Last edited by Adywebb; 02-03-2008 at 07:12 PM.

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast