Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself

i started with grid.org with a cyrix 6X86 pr233+ i was getting about 1 or 2 credits per day lol

I started with Ubero... I had and 800 MHz Intel...

Quote Originally Posted by Beerknurd View Post
    What are you crunching right now??
    Beer, I am crunching mainly Riesel, Rosetta & SETI.

Fresh Meat

Hello All!

Glad to see there is a thread I can use to introduce myself.

My name is Jeff, I currently live in Washington State. I work at the Largest Wholesale Club in the US (can't actually mention the name do to policy...but I am sure you know which company I am talking about) in the Information Systems Department. I troubleshoot and repair PCs, do some web development, build Databases, and build automation programs. I will be turning 25 in March (Yay, car insurnace discount!) and I will have been married for 3 years as of May. Also, I graduated with a degree in Film and Video, which has done me absolutely NO good.

I worked on the SETI program quite a few years back (I don't even remember exactly when) with a 333mhz Compaq desktop. I stopped working on it after a year or so and just never come back to the DC world. I recently built myself a new machine with dual AMD FX-74s and 4g of RAM and I thought, "I have all of this spare processing power, what am I going to do with it"? It was then I remembered the DC world and decided to jump back into the fray. I started working last night on LHC@Home and Climateprediction.net, I am more then willing to throw my meager resources at any project that the team needs though. I will be setting up the BIONIC client on my P4 3ghz machine and my P4 2.4 tonight, so let me know where my resources should be pointed. Also, please bear with me as I research and learn the DC world again, and I may have a plethora of questions.

Am I the 1000th member or do my eyes deceive me?

Great to have you on board Mime241. And yes you are indeed the 1000th member of this great team. I am sorry to say that there is no prize associated with being the 1000th member, but you will always have that bragging right...

This team is very laid back, and will not pressure you to crunch any certain project. We do however have races and pushes every once in a while so that we can all come together as a team and gain some places in certain projects.

Currently we are "pushing" Poem@Home and Folding@Home. But again you are free to crunch whatever you like.

Well if you have any questions there is a boat load of knowledge in these forums and a lot of people here that will be glad to help you. So just feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Again welcome to the forums and team. And congrats on being our 1000th member!!!!

Jason

Hi Mime241 and congrats. Yes you are our 1000th forum member

You are most welcome among the other in the forum. Feel free ask us about our project, hardware, software or our forum. We have many project and we is used to say: Run whatever you want.

But we have a project as is new and AMDusers is the World leader on that project: http://www.elmath.org/ as not runs on a Boinc platform. It has its own one. Take a look and ask then.

Of source we have more projects as need more cores. Other may say what they recommend.

Again, very welcome!

Lagu
    Once an AMDuser always an AMD user

Welcome Jeff!

Welcome to the team Jeff. Your computers are by no means meager. Any GHz or even MHz that runs for AMD Users is fine by me

As Lagu stated above Wieferich@Home is a worthy new non-BOINC math project and AMD Users is World #1 team in this project and we mean to keep it that way. (Throws gauntlet to the Arsians )

Also as Beerknurd posted, we are racing on Poem@Home in the BOINC category and in Folding@Home in the non-BOINC realm, but to be honest this last project really suits Playstation 3s more than PCs nowadays. I personally gave up on FAH ages ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerknurd View Post

Currently we are "pushing" Poem@Home and Folding@Home. But again you are free to crunch whatever you like.

Jason
    OK....my name is Dee... ( 58, retired nurse, married 38 years so far to the same man. Took up using a computer in '87...but not sure about the innards) Joined via the weather project and liked these guys enough to stay and ask the odd question! ....and I hope I'm ready to join another one...but I may need some help, as some of you might have guessed! I'm opting for Folding@Home...and have been to the website...so do I just download the one in pink? Do I call myself 0dee...or AMDuser?

Welcome to the team Mime241. Congrats on being our 1000th member!

@Dee: Download the client in the pink background. When you run the client, you pick the name you want. As for the team, you input our team number, which is '13129'

Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast