Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself

Thanks gamer007! I'm up and running now!

Hello all,
    Just thought I would stop in and let you know that I have joined your team.

I am from Burlington, Iowa in the U.S.A.

I hope to get to know everyone here.

ttyl.

If Cow's could fly we would need bigger wipers for our cars.

Welcome aboard Dr Dan

You'll find us a friendly bunch of geeks. Feel free to post any questions you have and don't be afraid to chip in with answers to anyone's queries.

What are you running on your computers these days?

Welcome Dr Dan,

For everyone else in AMD Users, Dan has just taken 3 number 1 spots in Boinc projects. After his 7 day noob period in the stats he will get our coveted gold sash.

Nice going mate.
    Darkness isn't there, but you can't see through it

Introduce Yourself

Welcome to the Foray Dr. Dan.
    I really do like that fantastic Avatar you have there... I feel artsy lately...
    You'll find us a hardworking group in BOINC and non-BOINC projects, please be vocal in any concerns or suggestions as we usually have someone watching the forum every minute of the day!
    IOWA aye, Land of Corn, Wind, and Ethanol plants....

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

Thanks guys for the warm welcome. To answer the 1st post I run mostly AMD's. from 3800+ to 6, 9600 black quads.. I love AMD's they rock..I am looking forward to the new generation of chips that AMD has on the horizon. btw RS gives great credits and by tomorrow AMD users should have taken the 2 place rac if I have calculated correctly..

Welcome Dr. Dan, sounds like you have a heck of a pharm there, we'll appreciate all the help. Just wondering if you came from another team? or crunching all my your lonesome?

Quote Originally Posted by Ramjet View Post
    Welcome Dr. Dan, sounds like you have a heck of a pharm there, we'll appreciate all the help. Just wondering if you came from another team? or crunching all my your lonesome?

I was at seti.usa for 2 years but they seemed to become complacent on how aggressive users like myself want to run our farms. Very nice team at seti.usa but I needed a change and as I love AMD's this seemed to be the spot. But buy the way I was looking at several other teams but your team here was the 1st to notice me and welcome me after I had arrived. Kudos to this team.

This team seems to have a lot going for it so lets dominate the world..

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Dan Morris View Post
    I was at seti.usa for 2 years but they seemed to become complacent on how aggressive users like myself want to run our farms.
    Hi from one of the non-boinc cruncher side of the team members.

Curious as to what you are referring to in the portion of your comment I snipped above. Are you trying to say they didn't care what you participated in rather than trying to channel the farms towards team preferred projects??

They seemed to be confused as to what they wanted to do. In my mind, a team is to work together to grasp a project and then hold it, rather than just trying to have all kinds of other projects that were not focused on any one or major projects. And when you tried to be aggressive about a project you seemed to be chastised for havening a passion to go after one. The fall back quote for every thing was crunch what you want.

I do understand that we all do this for one reason or another and you should be able to crunch what you want, but a team should have goals and to ask for support for that project that you would like to go after should be met with interest of why you would want to go after it. As I have stated before I am doing this for the fun and hobby of it.

The nice other part is that science gets help along the way..

Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast