Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself

Quote Originally Posted by ghettocomputing View Post
    Hey there, I recently joined the team and hope to contribute a lot both to the many projects that are running and to the team itself in the future ^-^
    My specs are:
    FX-6300 with a mild OC to 3.8GHz, planning on clocking it higher when I can be bothered
    R7 265 clocked at 1050MHz with 2GB of GDDR5 at 1500MHz
    I generally run SETI@home on BOINC for 5-8 hours a day, my total credit at this point is around 17,000 and my average credit is about 1,000.
    Welcome ghettocomputing!

Didn't we all -at least we, dinosaurs- start with Seti@Home (somewhere in the previous century) ?

yup, sure did! :-)

According to the Seti Records, I started crunching on March 4 2001, Wow am I old

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

I began around 2010 with SETI on my crappy celeron based laptop, stopped after a few months as even with some adjustments it was taking up too many system resources. When I built my first gaming rig in 2012, I delved into it a little more then, but it's only very recently that I started crunching seriously
    I now have a perfect purpose in mind for any old PCs I come across :P

Quote Originally Posted by ghettocomputing View Post
    I now have a perfect purpose in mind for any old PCs I come across :P
    Keep a keen eye on the number of Watts per core/thread, or you'll be facing a power bill too steep for comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by Nflight View Post
    According to the Seti Records, I started crunching on March 4 2001, Wow am I old
    I remember crunching under an IBM account -using even 80486 machines sometimes-, even before the year 2000...

These were our premium crunchers then:

Real 133/166 MHz Pentium monsters (then)...

These our 486 work horses:

We used them to robotize part of our tasks (password resets), as they were already old school then.

Being developpers we were not allowed the newest as our customers did not have the newest either. At home I was already using a K6III-400....
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 06-04-2016 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerknurd View Post
    I made this thread a sticky, so hopefully everyone will see it!
    I have been attempting to add new people by ushering in friend requests on each project that I run. Its arduous and yes we do get some newbies to sign up to our Forum. So I will keep at this effort for some time!

Hi, I've just jumped ship from my old team BOINC UK, hope you don't mind me stowing away on here for a year or two, or more, hopefully! I'm currently a big fan of PrimeGen, and have been partaking of their challenges for the last year or so, but hardly anyone joined in with me (in fact for several of the challenges, I was the ONLY member of BOINC UK taking part), and now they've shut down their forum as well. So, this rat is fleeing the sinking ship. I noticed AMD Users are regularly on the team scorechart, and you seem to have an active forum still, and I'm an AMD user myself, so thought I'd add my contribution to your effort from now on. Still haven't found a prime yet, but I keep trying. All my CPUs are blazing away at the February Tour de Primes at the moment (and a little Einstein, I don't want to miss out on the pulsar or gravitational wave searches either!). I also sometimes run Pogs, MilkyWay, & LHC projects, and I have my home-built geiger counter attached and running for Radioactive at home too (and I built a couple for other AMD users members too I see!). I'm not really into the other stuff, I'm a physics kind of man at heart. So, hello everyone! Happy BOINCing!

Welcome to the Team Effort KarmannGaz! You are in lots of different projects that is a good thing for most of us are involved in as many as it can help the Team Effort. Again Welcome aboard the AMDUsers Team Effort!

Welcome KarmannGaz!

So you haven't found primes either yet? You can also join our team with Radioactive@Home, both Chris and me are using sensors built by you (as you well know I guess)!

edit: I see you already did!

P.S.: in your signature let the images be enclosed with (img)image(/img), but use [ and ] instead of ( and )
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 02-24-2017 at 10:49 PM.

Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast