Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself

Hi NeoGen good to see AMD_Users back on the map here http://www.dhep.ga/statsteam.php?team_id=14

By the way we've just started a larger circuit than ever before, so if anyone is installing using the Windows installer you'll need to run it with DHESetup.exe /v"MAXMEM=256". (If you've already installed you can uninstall and re-install or edit the wrapper[n].conf files in Program Files (x86)/DHE/ so that the line wrapper.java.maxmemory=256 instead of wrapper.java.maxmemory=64.

Will get this default changed ASAP.

Hello! I'm Wesley. I joined last year, but never came to the forums. I just recently re-installed Seti@Home, and I've got it running on 5 devices now. I'm 22 and I'm a web developer. My main computation device is my home computer with a Ryzen 1600(X?) with an RX 480, but I'm thinking of upgrading to a 1070ti for 1440p gaming. But that 480 might go into a tower that I might be acquiring soon for a personal server. I'm not really sure what else to say. Have a nice day!

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    Hello! I'm Wesley. I joined last year, but never came to the forums. I just recently re-installed Seti@Home, and I've got it running on 5 devices now. I'm 22 and I'm a web developer. My main computation device is my home computer with a Ryzen 1600(X?) with an RX 480, but I'm thinking of upgrading to a 1070ti for 1440p gaming. But that 480 might go into a tower that I might be acquiring soon for a personal server. I'm not really sure what else to say. Have a nice day!
    Welcome Wesley!

Do you know the utility CPU-Z? It will tell you what CPU you have, together with a lot of other parameters such as the Core voltage -ask Plonk
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 11-27-2018 at 08:40 AM.

Yeah, I just couldn't remember which I bought when I built my current machine as I was writing the forum post at work. Looked back on my Amazon orders and it's the Ryzen 5 1600 version. I did plop my Hyper 212 Evo on it once I got the new bracket from Cooler Master, and I'm (obviously) getting much better temps.

i also like HWInfo64 as it'll tell you a ton more info, but yeah, i start with CPU-Z

https://i.imgur.com/DYhb7Cu.jpg

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    Welcome to the forums Wesley, glad you've joined us!

Any overclocking attempts since you plopped in that Hyper 212 Evo on it?

Hey NeoGen, unfortunately, no. I was never much of a risk taker, even though I know small overclocking is relatively safe. I just never cared to get that extra ounce. The reason I got it in the first place was that I was getting terrible temps from the stock cooler on my previous CPU, an a8-5600 I believe.

hi all thanks for letting me join the team . just got back in to crunching

Quote Originally Posted by BLUWOLF View Post
    Hi Bluwolf, what are you crunching with nowadays? Are you a Seti@Home Classic veteran, or have you been using BOINC before?

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUWOLF View Post
    Welcome Bluwolf, happy to have you here!
    As you say you just got back into crunching I second Dirk's question, how far back in crunching are you from? I remember the good old days when BOINC didn't exist and a quad-core CPU was something to drool for
    Having a "Distributed Computing" folder on your little hard drive (because having a 80Gb hard drive was a lot back then!), and 30 different sub-folders, each one with a different application for each project that you were on, that you had to keep updated yourself manually, editing configuration files manually sometimes, downloading files in the old days of modem speeds, and trying to juggle between all those different point metrics versus the MHz of the CPUs for each DC project to stay ahead of your mates... ahhh the good old days!
    But in all seriousness, I make it sound like it was more complicated back then by saying it like this, but the truth is that it was second nature just like driving, and you didn't even think about it, it actually felt as easy as it is now.

Anyone else wanna chime in on the good old days?

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627 LastLast