Page 1 of 25 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Introduce Yourself

Hello everyone,

We've had a lot of new members sign up lately, and everyone may not know everyone, so I thought I'd create an introduction thread.

My name is Jeff. I am 20 years old. I turn 21 on July 4th. I have been married to my wife, Adrian, for almost 3 years. We live in Clarksville, TN. I am going to school at Austin Peay State University for a bachelors degree in Computer Science. I work for the United States Postal Service in Nashville, TN.
    I have 3 computers at the moment: A Dell laptop, an AMD 3700+ and an AMD 2700+. I am the owner of amdusers.com and one of the admins.

Everyone feel free to introduce themselves!

Jeff

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    Well then... to those who don't know me yet

My name is Jorge and I've recently turned 27 (June 14th). I'm single, and live in Setubal, Portugal. At the moment I'm the only active portuguese member on the forums.
    I entered college and started IT Engineering, but due to varied events in life, I end up suspending the studies halfway and got myself a job, as a software programmer on a small company developing software for Telcos. (Ever heard of "To-Be IT Solutions"?)
    I joined AMD Users back in 2003 a little while after discovering SETI@Home, and since then I got devoted to Distributed Computing. Saw this Team grow from a relatively small Team to one of the top 10 teams Worldwide as it no doubt is nowadays.
    I organize the AMD Users yearly contests, for the last three years. Right now the 2007 competition is taking place.
    Got few machines at my reach, only one truly mine (AMD AthlonXP 2000+), the others belong to relatives or at work, but I squeeze every last spare cpu cycle out of them all.

Oh... and I'm also Moderator on the forums. I help keeping things clean around here, delete publicity posts, kick out advertisers, and all that.

So, who's going to introduce itself next?

Okay looks like I'm next.

My name is Richard, and I'm 26 - 27 on January 12th. I am a Service Manager for a company that manufacture and repair landfill gas analyzers, based out of Colton, CA.

After going through school I finished up with a HND in Computer Science.

I'm currently engaged to my fiance Emma, with a wedding date set as 4th October 2008. I'm currently living out here in SoCal, but I will be returning to the motherland (UK) before the end of this year.

As far as PC's go I have an X2 6000+, 3400+, P4 3ghz and a P3 1.7ghz (work PC)

My name is Kyle,and I am 21.
    I live in a little town called Lynden (~ 10,000 peeps)

I just graduated from Bellingham Technical College this last March with an AAS degree in computer network technology.

Starting on the 2nd of July, I will be working AT Microsoft through a staffing firm called VOLT. pretty much 90% of my job should be Hardware/borging :D

As far as computers go, I have a 3700+, 3500+, ML-28 and a 2.7ghz celeryon.

Edit: haha Beerknerd! both posted the same minute :D
    If you can't make it ... Don't come!
    http://neogen.amdusers.com/contest2007/race4b.htm

My name is Jason and I am 27 years old. I will be 28 on August the 14. I am also 1 of 3 of the Moderator/Admins here at AMD Users. I am a Computer Operations Analyst for a small Insurance Company. I have been with them going on a year and a half.

I recently graduated college in March of 2007.

I am unfortunately single again after a recent separation from my wife. We will be getting a divorce as soon as we can afford an an attorney. October 6, 2007 we would have been married for 5 years.

I am currently living in Fort Worth, TX, but will soon be moving to Grand Prairie, TX to start my single life.

I am not currently running DC projects due to the separation, but hope to return to crunching soon.

Well guys I guess I'm the Grand pappy of all you young Whipper Snappers because I just turned 65 this month. My name is Leon. I am now a retired accountant but I still run a tax preparation business here in this small town of 14,000 the first 4 months of the year.

I have been married to the same women for 43 years and have four daughters (all grown now).

I have been playing with computers since 1992 when I bought my first which was a 80286-12 with a 40 meg HD. Now I build my oww of which are (2) AMD X2 6000+, (1) AMD Duel Core FX-60 and (1) Opteron 180 duel core, All with 2 gigs of memory.

I love crunching and started in 2001 with Seti. BTW my other love is Western Movies (old ones )

I gues I'm one of the young ones as well. I'm Frédéric, 20 years old and from Belgium. I am a medicine student and momentarily my courses are piling up above my head because I have exams. I used to play drums 12 years ago, and as I discovered today, my "skills" are extremely rusty. I am single momentarily. I also love Australia heheh .

I'm quite a newbie because I only started crunching about a year ago now (maybe a bit longer) I encountered this team at the BBC Climate change Experiment, and soon after, I moved on to QMC@home. My current project is DPAD/Muon1.

My personal computer is an Athlon64 3000+ @ 2.15 GHz. Also to my disposal are: 1 Pentium 3 1 GHz, 1 C2D laptop 1.6 GHz, 1 Celeron 2.4 GHz laptop, an AMD K7 550 MHz, 15 Pentium D 3 GHz, 10 Pentium 4 3 GHz and 3 Pentium 4 1.7 GHz. The Pentium D's and Pentium 4's will be at my disposal for about another year or so.

EDIT: LeBo, you state you've been married to the same women, a harem is always nice heheh
    Last edited by Frederic Brillouet; 06-25-2007 at 05:57 PM.

I made this thread a sticky, so hopefully everyone will see it!

Quote Originally Posted by Beerknurd View Post
    I made this thread a sticky, so hopefully everyone will see it!
    I have been attempting to add new people by ushering in friend requests on each project that I run. Its arduous and yes we do get some newbies to sign up to our Forum. So I will keep at this effort for some time!

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

I'm Stuart,

A 52 year young married IT consultant (mostly mainframes). I cut my teeth on IBM PCs in the early 1980s. Married for 12 years and have 2 kids.

I'm the stats man on AMD Users. You'll notice my daily stats (you'd better notice )

I have a 4200+, 2800+, 2400+ and 2 laptops (3100+ and 3400) but I want more.
    Darkness isn't there, but you can't see through it

Page 1 of 25 1234567891011 ... LastLast