Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    Hi Euphoriabuzz

Welcome to the Team. Hope you feel at home here, like Dirk said we are AMD Users but really anything that can crunch (GPUs, Intel, ARM, etc) is always more than welcome. I also see you on the Amicable Numbers project. They just sent out an announcement yesterday saying the time is now if you want to find some Amicable Pairs. According to predictions after the project passes the 50% mark it will be a lot more difficult to find them.
    I myself am mostly AMD gear oriented, my main machines are a Phenom II X6 1100T and two FX-8370s. I'm reading up and getting ready to upgrade at least one of my machines to a full blown Ryzen/Vega build this year, but I'm still contemplating as I read up on it on the news and reviews. The budget is limited so I have to be sure I get the best bang for the buck even if I have to wait a little more than I want.

Our admin vaughan should be able to check on the Primaboinca project, I see that sometimes with new projects too, the "Join" button not being there. About the Facebook page I'm not sure but someone there probably can help too. I myself don't have an account on it, and really don't like all the social media stuff. I much rather prefer a simple bulletin board like this and email to communicate.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoGen View Post
    Hi Euphoriabuzz

I also see you on the Amicable Numbers project. They just sent out an announcement yesterday saying the time is now if you want to find some Amicable Pairs. According to predictions after the project passes the 50% mark it will be a lot more difficult to find them.
    Hi, yes I only joined Amicable on 4th march so have only 56 pairs so far. Onward and upwards.
    Last edited by euphoriabuzz; 04-02-2017 at 08:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by euphoriabuzz View Post
    Hi Euphoriabuzz

I also see you on the Amicable Numbers project. They just sent out an announcement yesterday saying the time is now if you want to find some Amicable Pairs. According to predictions after the project passes the 50% mark it will be a lot more difficult to find them.
    Hi, yes I only joined Amicable on 4th march so have only 56 pairs so far. Onward and upwards.
    Name of the project is far more amicable than the project itself (or its admin)...

Hello all,

Thanks to Nflight for the message and pointing me to the forums. I have been a long time user of Boinc, back to the SETI at home days whatever it was called back then. Memories of staying up late to see if I could find some aliens. I got back into BOINC once I was finally able to set up my home server. My newest build is an AMD FX 8320E that I have up to 3.7 ghz so far. My server also hosts a few websites for the family, but most of the time it is crunching. I typically like to focus on the biomedical type projects. I am currently about 2 classes away from completing my masters in data science so bioinformatic type projects are interesting to me. Look forward to contributing to the forums where I can and inserting really bad jokes as necessary!

Hi Tweeder,

Saw you in the rankings for the various projects. Seti@Home must have been the first project for many of us. I remember running it myself as early as 1999, but under an IBM account.

the earliest screen shot I could find, version 1.0
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 04-24-2017 at 07:46 AM.

Welcome to the Forums Tweeder
    There are more people listed then actually crunching data. If for some harmonious reason something large would be found using this technique I bet the world would change to finding this type of using computers and start a whole different gambit of user enlistment in using your computer for something good ideas. Yes Our Forums are far from super active except we have hordes of information provided in this forum many thanks to those of us who have been hard at work supplying the needs of the few who read it. Welcome to the AMDUsers Team and enjoy the conversation!

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

Yup Dirk, that Seti screen shot sure brings back some fond memories!! :-) Thanks for posting that!!!

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    I'm late to this party but, Welcome Tweeder!
    I'm running all AMD machines these days (2x AMD Phenom II X6 1100T, one Dual Opteron 2360SE, and one FX 8370), plus a couple of borrowed laptops from work with the CPU from the brand whose name shall not be spoken.
    I'm planning to gradually decommission my machines this year and start building Ryzen builds! It's so sad that just a couple of Ryzen 7's could make up more cores than I currently have total across all my machines, and all of them be faster and more efficient, but that's how technology works I guess.

I look forward to those really bad jokes you talk about!

the CPU from the brand whose name shall not be spoken.
    Aren't they supposed to be blue? BTW: Anybody here running VIA CPUs? There's a tool that runs on VIA CPUs that shows how some software gets manipulated by the CPUID.

Hi Tweeder, from another newbie. Welcome to the Team.

Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324252627 LastLast